Votes: 11 25.0%
  • BT

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • TalkTalk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have been with BT for years, at the previous house and again when we moved to this one. But they were getting blooming expensive. I have switched to Talktalk and, with the exception of losing BT Sport on TV, I am very pleased with the service, and am saving £40+ per month. I could add BT Sport to my Talktalk TV package for £29.99 per month, but I don't need it that much.....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My contract with BT will be up at the end of January. I have every intention of changing to either Plus net, Zen or EE. Haven't decided which one yet.

Mike_P

Guru
Swopped to BT fibre as Vodaphone cancelled my service. Advantage is the open WiFi where available which means less need to use mobile data. Full HD TV package including Eurosport 1 & 2 is around the price the original poster was being charged just for broadband. Will go up but the equivalent package from Virgin whilst slightly cheaper initially goes up far steeper. Did it through TopCashback and got £130 back. The setup charge was no where near the £265 quoted earlier in the thread although my phone was through BT already do that may be an influence in the set up charge.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I got an email from TalkTalk yesterday telling me that my Tiscali email address would vanish after December. I'm not too fussed.....I left TalkTalk about eight years ago due to their appalling service when they had a technical problem. I won't be sending them £5 a month to keep the email going. I have Gmail.

vickster

Legendary Member
I got an email from TalkTalk yesterday telling me that my Tiscali email address would vanish after December. I'm not too fussed.....I left TalkTalk about eight years ago due to their appalling service when they had a technical problem. I won't be sending them £5 a month to keep the email going. I have Gmail.
Interesting...need to check for my folks

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
i swapped from Sky to Shell Energy last Friday. I was paying 40 quid with Sky just for an internet connection and a phone line. I now pay £17.99 but no phone connection,but seeing as i only made about 2 landline calls a month it's no loss. So far i've had no disconnection moments like i had with Sky on a regular basis.

D

Deleted member 26715

Just received an email from Vodafone to advise our broadband is going up mid contract by £2.50 amazing as last week the son got a letter from them offering the same package as we have for £7 cheaper (now £9.50) cheaper, so it looks like I'll be cancelling my contract & it will be going in his name.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
FWIW, I rang Plusnet to complain about slow connection speeds over the last three or four days. To my surprise ('all our operators are busy fobbing off other customers') I found myself talking to a nice lady within a minute or so, who took my details, checked the line, confirmed there was a fault, got in touch with the Openreach people, and after a brief wait told me it would be dealt with by midnight tomorrow at the latest. Obviously I've yet to find out whether they'll actually do it, but so far I'm impressed.

Having said which, I also got a message t'other day telling me my broadband bills will be going up £1 month, and confirming their eyewatering phone charges - check this out:

1571847599148.png

So, 23p before you even say hello. :wacko:

Just as well we never actually make any calls on it.

D

Deleted member 26715

Try VOIP we charge less than 1p per minute

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Update:

Got a text this morning telling me that Gerard was now working on the fault. Go Gerard! Then another telling me that Gerard was done. Way Gerard!

1572006444316.png

Normal service is resumed.

That's pretty good service in my book. Hats off to Plusnet and Openreach.

And Gerard of course.

GetFatty

Über Member
I had to wait until last year to get fibre broadband due to some old guy down the road refusing to let BT replace the green junction box. Since that was done however, my Sky broadband has been great averaging around 55 - 60 MBps

Top Bottom