Broadband

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-suffolk

So, my provider has put their charges up again, so thinking of a switch. But, reading reviews they are pretty negative. Anybody got any companies, for broadband and phone, that they would recommend?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm with Vodafone on a phone/broadband/phone line package.
About £40 per month for unlimited broadband, unlimited calls, texts etc. and a Samsung S9 phone.
No problems with the service and no price rise (that I remember) since start of contract about 2 years ago.
Previously had the broadband and phone line package with Sky but got fed up with the regular, small increments in price. Saved about £10 per month by moving to Vodafone.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Vodaphone here, too. Not the full on mega package, but at £27 pm for 80 mbps, plus freeish landline phone calls, we're quite happy with that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you decide to go with Plusnet and have family or friends who are already customers, get them to recommend you. If you sign up via them they will get a discount for the entire time you remain with Plusnet. My sister and her kids signed up through me so I get about a £5/month discount.

D

Deleted member 26715

Virginmedia, it's fast, but it ain't cheap
If you happen to live where they provide service.

If you're concerned about the support you might get then Plusnet are great in my experience - real people who seem to know what they're talking about.
They are not as good as they used to be, although I have have just gone back to them after being with Vodafone who were horrendous for us, 40mb line we were lucky to get 15Mb, which as they use exactly the same equipment as Plusnet with when we get 36Mb means they are cramming too people onto the same circuits.

Although 20 years ago I was able to walk into Plusnet's building go straight into the Chairman's office & advise him directly if I had any problems.

vickster

Legendary Member
100MB Virgin...works fine, not cheap but I wah so need decent BB. It's just an expense of modern life

BT and all it's subsids on Openreach was rubbish for me...constantly losing connection

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm on Talk Talk fibre, £23 a month, so far its just worked. at the time I was looking at either Plusnet or Talk Talk but the Plusnet website wouldn't let me complete the order so I went with Talk Talk, I've been with Plusnet in the past and they were good.

davelincs

I’m just changing from talk talk to plusnet it starts on the 16/03, I decided to change after being on the phone for 1 hr 10 mins trying to talk to somebody , when I got through I got cut off, so that made my mind up to change, and a better deal from plus net

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Utility Warehouse always score well in the Consumer Association (Which?) rankings. If you want to, you can bundle broadband into landline, mobile, gas and electricity provision resulting in a single monthly bill for the lot. Worth a look:
https://uw.co.uk/clubhouse/home

Top Bottom