Brocolli and Salmon Quiche for Tea !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
broccoli and salmon quiche sounds absolutely yummy - I bet spinach and prawn would be even better tho!!!

Arch said:
Ah, kirstie. How can you be so wrong...

I like quiche, but I'd never bother making one just for myself...

It goes back to school dinners. We got fed this horrific 'cheese and egg flan' -strong catering cheese with egg, overcooked so it was rubbery, and it smelt and tasted like sick. It was revolting and has put me off the combo for life!

llllllll

Kirstie said:
Quiche is pure vom!!! Yeuch. Cheese and egg cooked together is just revolting :biggrin:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Went for lunch at an elderly relative's a month or so back and got served quiche. Had to eat it to be polite, it made me feel sick and the damn thing kept repeating on me all afternoon. Had to stop and get some chips on the way home to take the taste away. Still sends a shudder down my spine.

U

User482

Kirstie said:
It goes back to school dinners. We got fed this horrific 'cheese and egg flan' -strong catering cheese with egg, overcooked so it was rubbery, and it smelt and tasted like sick. It was revolting and has put me off the combo for life!

You were lucky! We 'ad to make do with potato pie - literally boiled potatoes with a square of defrosted pastry placed on top. Served with pickled cabbage and processed peas as I recall.

I started bringing in packed lunch soon after this episode.

Tetedelacourse

Did anyone else get Creme Caramel? That caused about 10 of us to throw up after the dinner lady made us eat some because we'd mashed it up.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Kirstie said:
I remember that flan thing...ours was equally rubbery* and made with industro-cheese and powdered egg (possibly left over from the war). We had to eat it, or die. Funnily enough, I now love quiche of almost any savoury description.
"Give us a quiche" I often say to Mrs F.

*(which is a compliment in a Chinese restaurant; "absorutery rubbery :biggrin:)

User482 said:
You were lucky! We 'ad to make do with potato pie - literally boiled potatoes with a square of defrosted pastry placed on top. Served with pickled cabbage and processed peas as I recall.

I started bringing in packed lunch soon after this episode.

Yeh we had that too. We weren't allowed packed lunches. Which primary school were you User482? Holcome Brook County Primary had a fine array of abominations to feed the kids, including: dog turd curry - a green, watery foul smelling mix with what looked like small pieces of poo floating in it; Watery, grey reconstituted potatoes which smelt like melted plastic, the horror of cheese and egg flan, boiled to death fibrous strips (possibly green beans or cabbage) - the list goes on...

Creme caramel - that's posh food!

U

User482

Kirstie said:
Yeh we had that too. We weren't allowed packed lunches. Which primary school were you User482? Holcome Brook County Primary had a fine array of abominations to feed the kids, including: dog turd curry - a green, watery foul smelling mix with what looked like small pieces of poo floating in it; Watery, grey reconstituted potatoes which smelt like melted plastic, the horror of cheese and egg flan, boiled to death fibrous strips (possibly green beans or cabbage) - the list goes on...

Creme caramel - that's posh food!

Hazlehurst CP. The abominations you mention are depressingly familiar - it took years of therapy to get over them!

ChrisKH

Guru
Am I alone in saying I enjoyed my school meals?! Especially the desserts. Bakewell tart and custard, chocolate pud and choc. custard, rice pudding with a micenice skin on the top. Yum.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
ChrisKH said:
Am I alone in saying I enjoyed my school meals?! Especially the desserts. Bakewell tart and custard, chocolate pud and choc. custard, rice pudding with a micenice skin on the top. Yum.
Me too, apart from the cheese flan thing and prunes and custard. Everything else was great!

It got a little better at secondary school, but only marginally. I have to agree that the desserts were top. My favourite was dead mans leg aka jam roly poly which I'd not go anywhere near nowadays owing to the massive lard content. In general my school dinners were northern stodge. Suet pastry, suet pudding, pies, mince, gravy, boiled to death veg, dense sponges and watery custards.

Top Bottom