Broke my chainring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Not another person! You're starting to sound like Joe...

Get a decent one like TA or FSA.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Will1985 said:
Because he reckoned he was putting out too much power as he broke two chainrings. I suspect that they were just old and knackered.

I bent one, and had a chainring bolt come out of the other one:wacko:
You think you put power in, thats nothing. Not even a bend, compared to this!!
Image060-1.jpg

Not the best pic, it was as i was walking along waiting for my dad to pick me up. I was quiet away from homee, after going to see my GF, and my parents didnt know i was there and thought i was at 6th form. DOH!!!:biggrin:
That was a brand new chainring aswell, had only been on 2 weeks!!!! Brand new cranks aswell.

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
how u do it though,

and your lucky its a single speed, mine took out the front mech 2 and ruined the cassette and made a gash in the crank arm lol

Joe24

MadoneRider1991 said:
how u do it though,

and your lucky its a single speed, mine took out the front mech 2 and ruined the cassette and made a gash in the crank arm lol

Its actually a fixed;)
I was trackstanding at lights and a motorbike came up next to me. I thought id show him and the cars behind some skill and would power off.
So i powered off and some power went on then my legs span, i looked down and that was what i saw.
It bent the chainring, some links in the chain(1/8th) and the spider, so it was a new chain, cranks and chainring.
How did you do yours?

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
****, power!!! :biggrin:

ermm on a TT went round the roundabout and the 5 mile point then put the power down and the chain came off so i was like shoot, stop looked down and went shoot again haha
managed to finish it though in the smaller ring

montage

God Almighty
If he has the money - this is a damn good way to spend it.
I would like to get a TT bike....but can't really justify it :smile:

When I start hitting 23mins I will invest... maybe :biggrin:

Joe24

MadoneRider1991 said:
trust me i dont im on 3.55 an hour lol, just lucky i work in a bike shop haha

so what are fixed like. i fancy making a fixed TT bike

Well i dont like to ride gears now, since i started to ride fixed.
Some people like them, some dont.
Give a fixed road bike a go, then if you like that give a gived TT bike a go.
As people say in my club(or old guys when people ask about me going on gears) some people can ride a fixed better then gears, if you know how to ride them then you can make them faster.
Ive got 6 bikes, and 2 of them have gears. And i dont use them. Im tempted to sell one, but i think i should have one road bike with gears at least.
Give a fixed a go, build one up cheap. You will either love it or hate it. If you ride in a group and your not used to spinning it can get annoying if they just go off and leave you, but when you can spin then its great.
Im not looking to ride gears untill i go on holiday to Switzerland, where its going to be a tad hilly so gears wont be smart. And in those 2 weeks, i will be missing my fixed alot:sad:

Top Bottom