Broken or worn out Garmin Mount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Raceware direct have been making a product like this for a long time now.

IME a nice conversation with Garmin will likely result in them replacing/repairing the device free of charge or for a nominal fee, resulting in you having a good as new device, rather than a bodged up one.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
People must be really mistreating their Garmins to have this sort of problem.
I have had a K-Edge metal mount for over 2 years and don;t seem to have the problems stated.
I just suppose some people are just to ham fisted for their own good.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
People must be really mistreating their Garmins to have this sort of problem.
I have had a K-Edge metal mount for over 2 years and don;t seem to have the problems stated.
I just suppose some people are just to ham fisted for their own good.

It happens for a variety of reasons, clumsy use may contribute but it is fairly common, wear and tear. I wouldn't blame the mount directly but it can be exacerbated by using metallic mounts. I experienced it due to a badly machined K-Edge mount, for which K-Edge admitted fault. The problem is so common Garmin repaired it free of charge despite the device being well outside of warranty (as in it was 3 years old).

I broke the mounts on my 800 when I went into the side of a car. On ebay I have seen that you can get a replacement rear cover. I dont know how easy it is to replace, the screws look like very small torx and I dont have any small enough to take it off. I may just send it back to Garmin and see what they can do as the front screen has a big scratch in it too.

Top Bottom