Broken outer glass in oven door - can I use the oven?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm not sure but the metalwork of the door may end up hotter than normal. Be careful.

Tried e-spares Greg? (probably...) multi layers of foil for me too, unless you can get a lump of toughened etc the same size-ish and high modulus silicone a sandwich. Foil these days of Noel is mega-thick it seems, and should serve you well. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kütchen. :snowball:

classic33

Leg End Member
Bear in mind how the outer was broken, and has this placed any extra stress on the inner sheet. Worth finding out before you really need to use the oven.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Id use it as is But it will give off a stupid amount of heat..super radiator ..and your going to be stood near it..

Burn hazard at Max..if you have any small people dont use ..dont use self clean mode after cooking as that will be a risk with the extra high heat.

you could try phoning a few cooker repair people and see if they know of any glas suppliers?
They are usually more helpful than the likes of B&Q Currys etc..merry xmas

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Id use it as is But it will give off a stupid amount of heat..super radiator ..and your going to be stood near it..

Burn hazard at Max..if you have any small people dont use ..dont use self clean mode after cooking as that will be a risk with the extra high heat.

you could try phoning a few cooker repair people and see if they know of any glas suppliers?
They are usually more helpful than the likes of B&Q Currys etc..merry xmas
The builder broke it and has already ordered the replacement and will be paying for it. Quite an expensive spare part. He was willing, in his panic, to buy a new temporary replacement cooker.

I said I'd seek advice ;)

Multi-layered tinfoil FTW!

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The replacement glass arrived on Christmas Eve Eve. It only took 45 mins to figure out how to strip the door down and fit it. Triple glazed, it turns out. Great service from SMEG imo.

Top Bottom