Broken spoke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ste.pearson

Formerly known as stevieP
i think 12 quid is really good,i broke 2 spokes the other day and was 30 mile from home.i did manage to get back but had to take it really easy i was worried that others might go and the wheel would be to buckled to ride but it turned out ok in the end:rolleyes:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
learn to do it yourself - will save yourself a fortune - once ones gone the rest seem to follow - with machine built wheels anyway.... don't often get spokes go on hand built wheels.... So £10 or so every time for every spoke.....

mattsr

Just had a broken spoke replaced and wheel trued for the princely sum of a fiver, at Barreg cycles in Fishbourne, just outside Chichester. A real good old-fashioned bike shop! :cheers:

Davidc

Guru
Where do you get 20 quid an hour for running costs ?
From helping develop business plans for two high street businesses in the last couple of years. £20 an hour for an employee with normal productive time distribution is quite low but achievable in an efficiently run business.

It may sound a lot, but isn't. That's why businesses need well researched business plans.

A one-man-band self employed sole trader can get lower, and there are still a few bike shops of that sort around.

Davidc

Guru
Normal production productive time distribution:stop:

As you don't seem to have met the concept it's the time actually spent doing the job. It comes out as a frighteningly low proportion of paid time, even for an excellent employee, and the way it is spread out over the day/ week is critical to costs.

A bike shop isn't a factory or machine room, it is a combination of a retail business and a workshop.

U

User6179

As you don't seem to have met the concept it's the time actually spent doing the job. It comes out as a frighteningly low proportion of paid time, even for an excellent employee, and the way it is spread out over the day/ week is critical to costs.

A bike shop isn't a factory or machine room, it is a combination of a retail business and a workshop.

I knew what you meant ,I just miss quoted you , I just don't like management speak, sorry.

Davidc

Guru
I knew what you meant ,I just miss quoted you , I just don't like management speak, sorry.
Neither do I so I don't use it. That phrase is plain crystal clear English and the concept is basic survival. Failure to understand that type of idea leads quickly to bankruptcy.

Top Bottom