Broken Tabs on Garmin edge 800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yesterday noticed that when out that the Garmin 800 was loose in the mount and on removing it saw that one of the rear tabs had broken off and the other was nearly cracked through as I bought the unit 2nd hand theres no warranty on it but have found a web site that sells replacement rear cases. Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem of fitting a replacement case I have found vids of batteries being changed and one telling you that it can be quite simple to replace rear case unit But that not all 800's are quite the same sizing internally so the 800's had an update making two different internal sizes anybody else found this?
would be grateful for any advice on this. Thanks
Broken tabs on garmin 800 edge .jpg

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I have had my 800 for about 2 years and it still looks brand new.
I know you say it was pre-owned, but how did that happen? It looks like it's been wrenched out of the holder a good few times.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Try garmin anyway. An 800 that broke 6 months after I sold it was replaced for the new owner under warranty (charger port issue)

I note what you say Roadrider and thought the same though I thought it was fine when I got it 3 months ago But perhaps they had been super glued on as I don't remember dropping it. The design perhaps in the first place could have been some what stronger as theres very little meat in the actual "dog ears"
Clog thanks for input on the extra fixing for the mounting clip I suppose epoxy resin would be the way to fix permanently and perhaps would be a easier and far less complex way of doing it

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I note what you say Roadrider and thought the same though I thought it was fine when I got it 3 months ago But perhaps they had been super glued on as I don't remember dropping it. The design perhaps in the first place could have been some what stronger as theres very little meat in the actual "dog ears"
Clog thanks for input on the extra fixing for the mounting clip I suppose epoxy resin would be the way to fix permanently and perhaps would be a easier and far less complex way of doing it
It wasn't a criticism @antnee mate. That's just what it looked like.
Some good ideas for a fix above.

Well having got another 800 case unit and removed cover and screen and PCB found that the one I ordered was the older type which has a shorter distance from the inner bottom casing where the USB/SD PCB sits so when you come to fix the main screen PCB' it won' t connect with the USB/SD PCB so no power from the battery,all is a matter of 1.5mm it is though Garmin used this design the 10mm one for their 810 as well So It seems easier to do the other thing by getting one of those stick on ones or the aluminium screw/glue ones but the do seem to lift the unit that much higher anyway will go down that road and see how it turns out; to think I was just getting used to not having to stop and keep sorting my route out as lanes are much nice to cycle along!

hiya the case I got was £19.90 48 hour tracked free post But as I said in my last post there is a difference in the case sizes so something you've to watch out for Found this picture out on a web site that shows the disparity.
EDGE800_810.jpg

Top Bottom