bromptom design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi:smile: if you could add something new to the bromptom design what would it be? I would like a kick stand
Least needed Brompton feature - already built in.

brompton2.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
....they started selling them over this way a short while back, and they cost about double what they do in UK due to taxation.
Smelling salts would be a useful accessory, to try and revive the Thais when they get told the price.........
Would that not apply equally to other non local brands too or is it a disincentive specific to UK import goods?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Twist grip gears and a nexus/alfine hub option.

Speak to Rob at Kinetics.

It'll cost ya tho.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi:smile: so meny bromptom riders i have spoken to say they miss a kick stand flicking the wheel under with items on the rack or the rack bag is a bit hard if u dont want to keep taking them off rack

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Incprporate the front luggage block as an integral part of the frame.

The spinny hinge clips are a niggle. There are better aftermarket ones out there at a premium price and I figured one myself that'd work if I ever get my backside in gear to find a little workshop to make it up for me.

I would like to see a hub dynamo as standard personally with front and rear lighting fitted, to make it a genuine hop on and go without accessories straight from handing over the cash. Weight tho and not everyone uses it in the dark.

In an ideal world I'd put hub drum brakes on too but the saving in rim and pad wear would be offset by the extra weight for most people I imagine - I guess it would be an option for those that ride-fold rather than those that fold-ride in between other modes of transport.

Brommies are a one size fits all. An XS 14" and XL 20" version, would be nice options for wee folk, who currently haul around enough bike for tall people, and tall people, who could do with a stiffer, stronger and longer bike.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
From my relatively short experience of riding one, everything that I can think of is either available as an option or an after-market add on. Easier frame closing twiddly bolts , dynamos, lighter frame (Ti option).

I thought the 6 speed derailleur hub was a horrible bodge before I got mine, but it works fine even if it is an ugly solution. I only use the high range for my commute as there aren't any big enough hills, and 3 speeds is enough for me. I've tested the low range on a serious hill and it was OK. And there are other options for hub gears available.

The whole bike is a bit flexy, which I find a bit unnerving but I suppose I've got used to that.

Top Bottom