bromptom design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
I think a longer bike would be better. It's very sit up and beg.

Even just an extra inch of material either side of the main fold.

'Proper' gearing.

While I've got used to the six speed, I don't see why they don't use a six speed (or more) hub gear.

Yes you can buy after market, but it's hideously expensive.

Disc brakes. Again, see above.

Would that not apply equally to other non local brands too or is it a disincentive specific to UK import goods?

.....don't worry, UK is not being singled out. The extortionate taxes apply here pretty much to all foreign imports, ASEAN countries excepted.
Also, can get Feather DE shaving blades here very cheap, so maybe Japan is let off the hook.
You just gotta see the ticket price on Minis - cost more than my house :wacko:
I think it's called 'protecting the domestic market'

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Removable pedals rather than folding ones e.g. like the MKS EZY ones so you can remove and/or swap from flats to spds in seconds
Permanent fixture luggage block
Hub dyno with hub brake
6- or 8-speed rear hub with hub brake
Ergon Grips
Tricky one... rear mounted back light that isn't a foot off the floor and aimed at a car number plate.
Decent non-spinning clamp handles

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

Hi:smile: so meny bromptom riders i have spoken to say they miss a kick stand flicking the wheel under with items on the rack or the rack bag is a bit hard if u dont want to keep taking them off rack
Only if you use the rear rack, which very very few people riding Bromptons seem to do. I have been one of them, when it was necessary, but even then I never particularly felt the need for a kickstand.

Top Bottom