Brompton Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Nibor

Nibor

Bewildered
Pah, it will look like a corporation bus.
No that would be Blue with Red forks in Accrington lol

robrinay

Go into a stockist and see if they have one in last years colour - it may come with extras eg a bike bag helmet etc. which they may set against their profit margin in order to clear the old stock.
Do not - repeat do not attempt this on the phone - face to face is best. Brompton do not seem to allow discount but some dealers will ‘lubricate a deal with freebies’

OP
OP
Nibor

Nibor

Bewildered
Not much movement for freebies unless I consider buying the lightweight one lol. Colours seem to carry from year to year. I think I will be ordering a bespoke one as I want the -18% on the gearing as I live in Hilly west lancs.

BigG

Regular
I went for Lime Green.... I think it’s a fun bike and a fun colour suits it.... it’s also easier to spot if someone tries to wheel it away!

Raistlin

Über Member
I have the grey with lime green forks and it looks the dogs - I wanted lighter colours for the winter and love it. I also went with the son dynamo and love it as I always have lights with me.

OP
OP
Nibor

Nibor

Bewildered
And the brompton I have ordered .................I know it has been a long time but had to wait for something................is this
Brompton.jpg

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
And the brompton I have ordered .................I know it has been a long time but had to wait for something................is this View attachment 416734

Love it. And it’s in my club colours. I do like Bromptons, but from a design perspective, I have always thought those H bars look cheap and flimsy. Obviously they can’t be or they wouldn’t have them. Thumbs up.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
That looks great. I would have picked those colours but don't think they were available at the time. I love riding mine, Im sure you will enjoy yours.:okay::okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
.. I have always thought those H bars look cheap and flimsy. Obviously they can’t be or they wouldn’t have them. Thumbs up.
IMHO too many things look cheap for a one grand bike. The Brompton "sticker" for one and the fact that they still haven't been able to route the cables through the frame like Dahons and Terns. Can't deny their popularity though.

Nice colour choice.

Top Bottom