Brompton as a delivery bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Our daughter who lives in the Portobello area of Edinburgh sent me this.
The local bookshop has started a home delivery service using Bromptons šŸ˜

Attachments

• 1584773957448_Porty Brommie.jpg
    1584773957448_Porty Brommie.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 115

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Love it!

12boy

Guru
Until I owned one I didn't realize how great Bromptons with the front bag system are for hauling cargo. I put this down to 3 things...
Low center of gravity.
Easy to mount and dismount, especially when weighted.
Ride improves with weight on the front.
I don't name bikes but I do think of the B as my little mule.

OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've already posted this on another thread, but I've cobbled together a shopping bike.

The supermarket wire basket (liberated from M+S) has a 3D printed Brompton luggage adaptor on the front. This means I can use the Brommie in shopping cart mode and then once through the checkout bungee it to the rear rack.

I've cable tied some of the rubbery anti slip mats that are sold to put in car boots, to the rack and also to the bottom of the basket. This dampens vibration and prevents any tendency for the basket to move about.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This would have been a good time to be utilising those bikes. But they are not taking advantage of it.

Notice from Potobello Book shop.

Coronavirus Update For the time being we are CLOSED as a physical shop. But you can order books from us online via our website, or over the phone. We can post most books in print out to you, or you can collect them from the front door of our shop. For now we have made the decision not to operate at all on Sundays until we are past the worst of the coronavirus situation.

Gunk

Guru
Iā€™ve posted this elsewhere (full details of the conversion are detailed in my Brompton project thread) but hereā€™s mine with a converted Decathlon wire mesh basket which clips on and off the standard luggage block. Itā€™s proving really useful for popping down to the local shops.

OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
Iā€™ve posted this elsewhere (full details of the conversion are detailed in my Brompton project thread) but hereā€™s mine with a converted Decathlon wire mesh basket which clips on and off the standard luggage block. Itā€™s proving really useful for popping down to the local shops.

View attachment 511628

That's certainly a lot neater than my effort.
I've got the same basket, I'll have another attempt.
Should have lots of time as my "Lockdown letter" just popped through the letterbox šŸ˜¢

u_i

Ɯber Member
hereā€™s mine with a converted Decathlon wire mesh basket which clips on and off the standard luggage block. Itā€™s proving really useful for popping down to the local shops.

Unless they are provided a bottom support or are limited to really light weights, such baskets sag over time.

Top Bottom