England : Berkshire Brompton Bicycle Chiltern Magic. Sunday 30th March starting at 11am

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
A leisurely ride of about 30 miles starting and finishing at Reading Railway Station.

Leaving Reading we will climb gently out of Reading up to Stokes Row before heading round to Christmas Common and a truly wonderful decent down into Henley on Thames and a visit to National Rowing Museum and a well earned coffee and slice of cake.

We then return the 10 miles or so back to Reading where we will say our good byes.

This will be a leisurely ride but does involve some hill climbing with a couple of short sharp shocks but the views and countryside more than make up for any pain injured!

Trains run to Reading every 15 minutes or so from London Paddington or twice an hour from London Waterloo.

Please meet outside the Southside (Town side) of the station at 10.45am for a 11am start.

Last edited:

Kies

Us Dahonian's and Tern's are feeling left out :cry:

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Count me in for this 'un, please.
A leisurely ride of about 30 miles starting and finishing at Reading Railway Station.
This will be a leisurely ride but does involve some hill climbing with a couple of short sharp shocks but the views and countryside more than make up for any pain injured!
Hmmm, the new Ti s/s, or the 6 speed workhorse?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
As long as you don't tell anyone you are more than happy to 'gatecrash' on your folding bike of choice... :cycle:
Hmmm. I might not go to Reading that day. And should I somehow end up there, I certainly won't be bringing Chutney :smile:

sbird

Über Member
If I'm not required for any of my sons' rugby duty then I'll be there on my speeded up Birdy - new smaller gauge tyres and firmer elostomer implant!

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Count me in for this 'un, please.

Hmmm, the new Ti s/s, or the 6 speed workhorse?

I would bring the six speed because I might be using the same hill grading system used by the mighty Dellzeqq in places.....

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
My only folder is a MU-UNO but its the single speed coaster brake version so I'm not sure if its really suitable for a 30 mile ride, furthest I've ever riden it was to the local shop and back.

Kies

My only folder is a MU-UNO but its the single speed coaster brake version so I'm not sure if its really suitable for a 30 mile ride, furthest I've ever riden it was to the local shop and back.

Bring it anyway .... We can walk the hills together

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Bring it anyway .... We can walk the hills together
Sounds like a plan, think I will ditch the coaster brake too as I can never stop it binding. Pushing up hill is bad enough, pushing it down hill is just wrong!

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Sounds like a plan, think I will ditch the coaster brake too as I can never stop it binding. Pushing up hill is bad enough, pushing it down hill is just wrong!

I would seriously consider bringing a geared folder as the first 10 miles is a gentle climb with a sharp initial climb and it would be unfair on the rest of the group to have to wait for you to walk those miles to catch up....

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

So far we will be a happy band of 10.

Titus H
Charlie B
Mice
Anne M
David P
Lee
Kies
Dina D
Paul G
Simon B ?

All folding bikes welcome....