Brompton carry handles..the latest craze

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bromptonboy

Hi, I have one of the leather ones, www.raw-uk.com bit expensive but extremely well made and looks the part if you have got a Brooks saddle, it works too. I tried carrying the bike when unfolded without a handle which was fine in the summer months but in the winter in can get nasty underneath the bar and you end up with a dirty mitt, handle keeps me clean.

Love my Brompton, just awesome bit of kit cant imagine being without it.

What other accessories have you guys got? Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Sorry bromptonboy - still not convinced.

Wouldn't you be wearing gloves in the winter?

Summer as well for that matter.

I can't say i have ever had a problem with just holding the bar.

I am sure plenty of other "enhancements" are being thought up for the brommie even as i tap this in.

And to think sales guys used to obsess about minor enhancements to their cavaliar or whatever.

Not suggesting that you are such a status obsessed soul but i don't buy the practicality of this handle thing.

I agree with you totally about the bike of course.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
We got a new mattress from Ikea recently, it came rolled up secured with webbing & velcro strap with a handle. I thought of making a carry handle out of it but in the end decided it was an unneeded luxury. It was very much the same idea as this & free. Even if buying the materials to make one it'd be far cheaper and dead easy to do.

Berties

Fast and careful!
That reminds me must get my Gucci chain and pedal cover patented,saves getting your suit dirty whilst using the carrying strap,
Some one will buy it !

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I really don't see the point. The frame is way more comfortable as a carrying point, and the centre of gravity varies depending on whether or not you have a bag fitted and what's in it, so a fixed-position handle is just stupid.
Don't criticise until you've tried. I carry my B a lot up n down stairs on wards etc etc. The strap handle thing makes this far easier.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Sorry bromptonboy - still not convinced.

Wouldn't you be wearing gloves in the winter?

Summer as well for that matter.

I can't say i have ever had a problem with just holding the bar.

I am sure plenty of other "enhancements" are being thought up for the brommie even as i tap this in.

And to think sales guys used to obsess about minor enhancements to their cavaliar or whatever.

Not suggesting that you are such a status obsessed soul but i don't buy the practicality of this handle thing.

I agree with you totally about the bike of course.

An unnecessarily aggressive answer based on sticking your finger in the wind. I've been a multiple B owner since 2009 and the handle is one if the best £40 I've spent on one.

Nothing aggressive about my post at all - it started with the word "sorry" to introduce a valid difference of opinion and ended with an agreement. I'd go for a ride on one of your multiple brommies if i were you and calm down-get a grip/handle or whatever on yourself if i were you.

Merry christmas.

Top Bottom