Brompton - protective plastic bit on front wheel nut

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
I hesitate to post this as it's such a minor thing, but I've picked up many minor tips over the years and this may be useful for some.

The original plastic bit that covers the left hand front wheel nut on a Brompton (left in photo below) and offers some protection against bashing the chainstay when folding started to come off my bike after only a few hundred miles. These: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252818143600 are a perfect fit and look neater in my opinion. I'm sure you could pick them up for pennies at a plumbers merchant.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

alicat

Legendary Member
Thanks, that does look neater.

Nibor

Bewildered
mine has started to get bashed up very quickly I have ordered some and they will co with my Black edition quite nicely ^_^

£4.99 gets you a set of 12 for a Smart car wheel bolts that are also 15mm, so you'll have plenty spare. Available in black, white, grey, red and blue.

Do you have a link please ? My google is failing quite spectacularly today. Thanks.

NotAnother Cyclist

I wondered what that plastic bit was for! My newer Brompton didn't come with one - I thought it was to stop the nuts going rusty!

mitchibob

Über Member
I'm still trying to work out what use this has? Covering up wheel nuts? Just another step to go through at puncture repair time? What is the actual benefit?

Top Bottom