brompton race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's not a proper race, nobody takes it seriously.
.... apart from the dressing-up ....

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
You may find that a few take it very seriously, and travel at a rather frightening pace. When I entered last year I pedalled as quick as I could (which is not very quick), and ended up 383rd :smile: The winner was going at about 50% faster than me. I did manage to get ahead of David Millar for a corner or two though :whistle:!!!

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi:hello: brompton should do a race 6 speed bromptons only and your only allowed to use the standard range of gears and you got to keep bike in the 6th gear all the race:laugh:

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Or swap it round only allowed to use 1st gear on a 6 speed brompton all the race. Watch everybody spinning out in 1st:laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi:smile: he took a while to unfold in the race. this guy takes longer to fold his bike at end of video on you tube the video is. Vergelijkende test vouwfiestsen:laugh:

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi:hello: brompton have just put Korea 2016 race details up and the 2015 race video on there website looked a fun day:o)

Mission

I did the 2009 race at Blenheim Castle. Was slow and out of condition but had a great time. The course was hillier than I expected so I was grateful for the 18% reduction on the gearing! It's a mix of the bizarre and the deadly serious who will get annoyed if balked by a slow rider in a gorilla suit! (wasn't me!). My T5 is still wearing its laminated race number.

Top Bottom