Brompton rack proves its worth on Day 1!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
+1 for the 44T chainring. Thinking of Easy Wheels. Do you recommend the Brompton own brand ones?
I recommend the Brompfication ones:

m8l-15.jpg

CopperBrompton

I'd bite the bullet and get a 6 speed
Horribly clunky shifter system, though. If you want more than three gears, I'd go for the 8-speed SA, as that's a close-ratio twist-grip system.

CopperBrompton

Aye, but its quite a bit heavier. Mind you, I've not ridden one, so I'm not best placed to comment.
It is heavier, but it's really not a big deal. With EasyWheels, the only time you ever carry it is up/down stairs – the rest of the time you wheel it, either folded or unfolded.

simongt

Guru
After owning a Dahon folder and a Giant Halfway, we recently succumbed to a pair of Brompton M3Ls. One pink and the other blue & orange. Bear in mind that a Brompton only rides like a Brompton, i.e. can't compare the ride or handling with any other bike. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for and we are very happy with them. Took mine on the train to York for a few days and found it absolutely ideal for the trip. Dead easy to lift onto and stow on the luggage spaces, easy to carry or hurl by the handlebars, and a delight to whizz round York on. The Brompton 'does what it says on the tin'.:biggrin:

Ridelegalforfun

I ordered an M6-R but was upgraded to P6-R due to a mix-up by Evans Cycles. Over 7 years later and with a new rear triangle and extended seat post, I find I only use 5th and 6th most days and I've only once used the rack for a load, but the stability it adds to the folded package is evident based on observations of friends' bikes.

I enjoy having the range 6 gears gives me, but seriously considered changing to a 2 speed when my damaged rear triangle was replaced with a bright green one (rest being default black with light grey bar stem).

If I ever need to buy another it would probably be an S2-R for the stability on the train compared to bigger folders and the ease of rolling (by seatpost, or bars) on longer portages.

Top Bottom