Brompton Rohloff conversion ordered.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I've got it pretty much as I'd like. The gearing isn't silly anymore (I put on a NOS 54t crank I had). I know the guard is high but that'll settle down after a few folds.

I've done about 8 miles now and it's a revelation, I've never really bothered about close gears on a B, but I have to say I'd miss them now, it really does make a difference on long drags having options close together.

I've managed to get full grip width Brooks on AND gel bar ends and it still folds no issues. I've gone slightly wider on the a Rohloff gear changer side, it is chunky and bites into my hand.

Things to do, probably change the front tyre to match the back and B greens roll a bit better than M+. I don't really need M+ now as the rear is easier to change than the front - honestly.

Another revelation is the rear disc, I've had BB7's before but on this bike, the improvement is ridiculous. Funny how I've just made do with what I had.

Overall very very happy now, and the fettling I've had to do after a pro mechanic will soon be forgotten.

Cannot recommend it enough....just fit it yourself...:okay:

Top Bottom