Brompton seat height adjuster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I know there have been a few threads on here about adjusting the seat height on the Brompton so I thought I'd report back on the new insert adjuster which I fitted a few weeks ago.

Firstly although that web link is advertising them at £7.50 the shop I got mine from only charged £5 so at that price it was well worth trying even if it didn't work.

There are a couple of videos online showing how to fit it, but the instructions that came with it are clear and easy to follow. I am fairly inept mechanically but I managed it without major problems. The only slight glitch was that I didn't get the saddle level when I put it back on so I spent the next few rides fiddling with that to get it right.

I know lots of people either have the seat post fully extended or have a perfect sense of where to set it each time but I've found it useful not to have to think about it when I'm unfolding. Well worth it for a fiver and about 10 minutes fitting.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
At the risk of appearing thick - and then being accused of pretending to be thick - I don't quite grasp how this works.

I grasp what it does, which no doubt is a good benefit for those who don't run a fully extended post as I do.

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
At the risk of appearing thick - and then being accused of pretending to be thick - I don't quite grasp how this works.

I grasp what it does, which no doubt is a good benefit for those who don't run a fully extended post as I do.
I'm not sure I do either :smile:

I think that just being wrapped around the inner of the seat post makes it thick enough that you can't pull it any higher - it sort of wedges it stuck. There's a little hook on the insert that fits into a slot at the back of the frame to stop the insert moving about.

Top Bottom