brompton seat posts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:hello: have any of you changed your brompton seat post? I feel I need to be sat up a bit higher on my brompton so I have bought the longer post to swap over. the only draw back is the saddle now will not push down so tight into the frame With it being longer. Anyone use the telescopic post? Do it add much weight to the bike?

cheys03

Veteran
I can only use the telescopic, so have no experience of the others unfortunately. The advantage is the top section with the seat is then removable so easier to get in to some car boots and spaces on the train. It is heavier for sure. Have a look at the Brompton Builder to see the difference it will make (and the mods you might make to offset it!) http://www.brompton.com/Buy/Build-your-Brompton

I was lucky that the long seat-post matches my inseam when it hits the stop. The slight gain in folded dimensions never bothered me.

The major downside if the telescopic post is that it introduces the possibility of having ones fancy saddle nicked.

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi:hello:just seen the new titanium brompton custom seat post very smart feather weight to the original brompton post. but not cheap

Top Bottom