Brompton spokes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

48pop

Hi Folks

Can anyone tell me what replacement spokes I need for the rear wheel on my 2002 brompton?? Its a 3-Speed . Not sure if its a sram (?) or Sturmey.....I've seen various spoke lengths and gauge.....I'm confused !
1_back_wheel.jpg
1_chain.jpg
Thanks !

Attachments

• 29az66a.gif
    29az66a.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 89
  • sc55ys.gif
    sc55ys.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Give http://brilliantbikes.co.uk a call and they'll advise you. They're where I get most of my Brompton stuff. I once ordered a set of spokes for a rear wheel rebuild lunchtime on a Friday, they came through the door the next morning.

chriscross1966

Über Member
If that's the original rim I'd think about getting it changed too, the stock modern twin-wall ones aren't silly expensive, and there are some much nicer rims out there, the Sun Ringle CR18's are well made, the Velocity Aeroheats are lovely and if you have the dollars there are some staggeringly beautiful rims made by Andoza (the Hawk B1's deep-section alloys in a variety of finishes) or the carbon fibre ones from Hylix (standard section), Joseph Kuosac or SMCBike (both deep section).... if you go for deep-section rims you will need valve extenders on your inner tubes, though I have seen tubeless Brompton rims.... possibly Ridea...?

Top Bottom