Brompton T-Line is here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lkingscott

Does anyone have the dimensions of the T-Line main hinge pin and bushes?
I am repairing a broken hinge on a standard Brompton and the T-Line is a much better solution.
As the hinge is completely broken across the pivot on the rear half, I can build up and fit whatever I want, within reason. I was going to use an M6 smooth bolt and nylock, but the T-Line replaceable bushes, bolt and nut would be a much more elegant solution, if it can be made to fit.

OP
OP
B

berlinonaut

Veteran
Another rise in price:
The Price at introduction (Jan 2022)
One 3750£
Urban 3950£

...raised in Nov. 2022 to
One 4150£
Urban 4415£

... and now, a year later, at the end of October 2023 to
One 4250£
Urban 4520£

Bildschirm­foto 2023-10-27 um 18.40.24.png

in Germany there happend also a rise, as usual, the numbers are slightly higher:

T-Line One 4.950,00 € (before 4.750,00 €)
T-Line Urban 5275,00 € (before 5.025,00 €)
So about 5% rise in price - which at todays exchange rate would equal 4317£ for the "One" and 4600£ for the "Urban"-

tinywheels

Über Member
expensive? certainly! But, buyers will justify this by saying their saving on fares etc.
As a higher rate taxpayer I can claim the money I saved by using the cycle to work scheme makes the bike a sensible purchase. However the upper limit for my workplace is 3K. The weight saving ain't worth it for me.

By the way do other countries have cycle to work type schemes?

Tenkaykev

Guru
Another rise in price:
One 3750£
Urban 3950£

One 4150£
Urban 4415£

One 4250£
Urban 4520£

View attachment 711448

in Germany there happend also a rise, as usual, the numbers are slightly higher:

So about 5% rise in price - which at todays exchange rate would equal 4317£ for the "One" and 4600£ for the "Urban"-
[/QUOTE
Another rise in price:
One 3750£
Urban 3950£

One 4150£
Urban 4415£

One 4250£
Urban 4520£

View attachment 711448

I purchased a CHPT3 in 2019 as a 70th birthday present to myself. A few quid under £2K. In lockdown I could have sold it for £6K, a friend sold his for £4K. Unfortunately people were buying them to flip them and make a quick profit so people who wanted one to ride were missing out to the speculators. I don't know what the answer is to weeding out the speculators, but if Brompton can see what price people are willing to pay then I can understand them lifting the price towards the true market value.

OP
OP
B

berlinonaut

Veteran

In Germany there is:
Yes, for a couple of years already but by far nor as long as in the UK. The ruleset is a bit different and seriously calculate savings is a bit difficult as German tax law is overly complex. Basically the scheme runs for 3 years and the companies promise a saving of 30%. Realistically it is rather 15-25% in most cases (a bit hard to calculate as a mandatory insurance is included with the scheme and the scheme is based on list prices plus dealers typically o charge list prices when selling via the scheme while you may pay a lower price if you buy cash or off season) and the saving depends from your taxable income (higher is better) and the price of the bike (again higher is better). At the end of the 3 year period you can buy the bike for close to 20% of the former list price.
Basically the tax rules are relatively similar to company cars though the way it is organized differs and the idea behind company cars is not to buy at the end of the leasing period whereas this is the intention behind the bike scheme because else it makes no sense fincandially. There are a handful of companies that organize leasing/buying via the scheme and act as the financial middleman between dealer, employer and employee, i.e. https://www.jobrad.org/ or https://www.businessbike.de/ (there are more).

There is no legal upper limit to the scheme but the employer can set one. Most set it at 10k€ per bike, some below that, very few beyond. You can have more than one bike via the scheme at the same time. Only in recent years it has become very popular, my employer joined in 2014 or 2015 and was a very early bird.

mitchibob

Über Member
expensive? certainly! But, buyers will justify this by saying their saving on fares etc.
As a higher rate taxpayer I can claim the money I saved by using the cycle to work scheme makes the bike a sensible purchase. However the upper limit for my workplace is 3K. The weight saving ain't worth it for me.

Only thing is my 'cycle to work' is now 327km (actually, would be longer as I vowed to never ride through Reading again), just to the office (how many times should I do to justify?), and do wish if they'd added to price, they might've added the classified hub gear option on the 4-speed, to make it as practical as 6 speed setup, but even cooler.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
We've been a car free household for a few years now and are going to have SolarPV / Battery installed in the next few months. Octopus Energy offer one particular attractive tariff but only if you can show ownership of an electric vehicle. I've got an electric Brommie and I think that technically it's classed as a vehicle under law but will have to dig further. I'll get in touch and see what they say.

OP
OP
B

berlinonaut

Veteran
do wish if they'd added to price, they might've added the classified hub gear option on the 4-speed, to make it as practical as 6 speed setup, but even cooler.
I would assume that the 12 speed, coming to the p-line and the Electrics for 2024, could/will be available in the T-line sooner or later as well.

OP
OP
B

berlinonaut

Veteran
We've been a car free household for a few years now and are going to have SolarPV / Battery installed in the next few months. Octopus Energy offer one particular attractive tariff but only if you can show ownership of an electric vehicle. I've got an electric Brommie and I think that technically it's classed as a vehicle under law but will have to dig further. I'll get in touch and see what they say.
What you could to if they don't accept the Brommi is to buy an old used S-Pedelec (45kph) that is usually classified as a moped. Here on the continent you can alternatively classify it as a "real" vehicle with a real numberplate. Insurance is than a little more expensive (but only minimal) and you have to got to MOT - but it is no doubt classified as a vehicle and you can even sell carbon-certificates which alone typically overcompensates the additional cost. As it not even needs to be used the state of the battery does not matter - it just has to pass MOT (or TÜV in Germany) and so you can grab a cheap old bike that nobody wants as a bargain. Possibly the cheapest way to get to an official electric vehicle.
No idea if this would work in the UK accordingly, but worth investigating if they don't accept your Brommi.

Alternative: Of course you could also file a court case because of discrimination if they say your Brommi would not be a vehicle. :tongue:

straas

Matt
I'd assume the rate was dependent on them being able to draw power from the vehicle battery were required? Not really feasible with a bike battery

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'd assume the rate was dependent on them being able to draw power from the vehicle battery were required? Not really feasible with a bike battery
I've just checked and it now specifically says " Electric Car " . Unless I'm misremembering it did say Electric Vehicles at one stage. Perhaps someone else had the same idea. The tariff doesn't mention drawing from the vehicle to the grid.

Top Bottom