Brompton tool/multitool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
It seems the Brompton tool thingy is unavailable and has been for many, many months now. I have seen this

which seems rather expensive but would attach to the saddle (so I wouldn't forget it) and looks to have most things needed.

Does anyone have a better idea for an "always carried" Brompton tool option ?

I rather like the look of

but I couldn't attach it to the bike so I would most likely forget it :sad:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Looks ok, I like the mini pump attached too. Topeak do a pump with a red LED tube, switch it over and you'd kill 3 birds with the one stone.

Shame the Brom toolkit may be defunct, barmy price but very goo bit of kit. My Ma got me one as a Christmas gift, I switch it frpm bike to bike now.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Oyster card. Obviously slightly geographically constrained!,

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
It's a Brompton, why would you need a multi-tool?

I know what you mean, but my Brompton started making a dreadful squeaking noise this morning riding to work. It turned out to just be the mudguard rubbing on the back wheel but it got me thinking that I don't have any way to fix anything if it breaks; I mean when I am at work after the morning commute rather than at the side of the road - that is what buses and taxis are for !

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
More seriously, the key tools are a decent 15mm spanner and a set of metal tyre levers (assuming Marathon pluses or normals). I wouldn't want to compromise with a multitool.

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
More seriously, the key tools are a decent 15mm spanner and a set of metal tyre levers (assuming Marathon pluses or normals). I wouldn't want to compromise with a multitool.
Hmmmm..maybe a very small saddle bag and just stick in a spanner, couple of allen keys and tyre levers ?

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3931011, member: 45"]I'm afraid you committed when you compromised with an archaic, demanding Brompton. Why not go the whole hog and carry a blacksmith around with you?[/QUOTE]
:tired:

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3931013, member: 45"]They make clothes with pockets in these days.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure I am being clear. I want to be able to always have the tools with me .. putting a multitool into a pocket doesn't work because I will forget it

Top Bottom