Brompton toolkit bought and reviewed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

veets

Regular
I tried a lot of alternative, cheaper tool kits and the best one I found that fits in the front frame and has all the necessary tools (except chain breaker, haha) is the Turbo Mini 20. It's usually $10 on ebay. The tire levers actually work, FYI. I was concerned that they'd be cheap and bendy, but they worked fine on my Marathons. There's a little spare room around it that you can also put some sandpaper and glueless patches in with the tools. I made a custom bung using Sugru with some small, extra-strong magnets embedded in it.

TURBO BICYCLE MULTI 20 REPAIR TOOL KIT Turbo Multi Tool is packed with 20 useful tools for emergency repairs on the road or trail. Hexagon key : 2/2.5/3/4/5/6/8mm Spanner : 8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15mm Screwdriver : yes, Spoke tool : 14 /15 G Tire lever : Yes, Size : 85 x 28 x 28 mm Weight :175g

gordonz

I tried a lot of alternative, cheaper tool kits and the best one I found that fits in the front frame and has all the necessary tools (except chain breaker, haha) is the Turbo Mini 20. It's usually $10 on ebay. The tire levers actually work, FYI. I was concerned that they'd be cheap and bendy, but they worked fine on my Marathons. There's a little spare room around it that you can also put some sandpaper and glueless patches in with the tools. I made a custom bung using Sugru with some small, extra-strong magnets embedded in it.

TURBO BICYCLE MULTI 20 REPAIR TOOL KIT Turbo Multi Tool is packed with 20 useful tools for emergency repairs on the road or trail. Hexagon key : 2/2.5/3/4/5/6/8mm Spanner : 8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15mm Screwdriver : yes, Spoke tool : 14 /15 G Tire lever : Yes, Size : 85 x 28 x 28 mm Weight :175g
Looks like what I have been looking for, I cant find it on ebay can you give more details? Who makes it etc.

alicat

Legendary Member
I've got the Brompton toolkit and never had to use it in anger (touch wood). I'm worried that I'll forget it's there when I do need it. :whistle:

Top Bottom