Brompton World Championships - 27/28 July 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brommyboy

Über Member
I have entered previously but this seems to be rather too much for an old cyclist like me?

OP
OP
Pottsy

Pottsy

Don't they have ages groups or more leisurely classes?

I'll be more there for the fun and social as opposed to taking the racing seriously. I'm talking a few steady laps with a hangover and in fancy dress just to highlight that I'm not too keen :whistle:

seadragonpisces

Über Member
I definitely want to do it this year, especially since I will have a Brompton from next month.

If there is a casual class level then I will book myself in, or if people can just come and hang out and ride about on their bike then that will be more my style.

How do you sign up?

Happy Gardener

Does anyone know if the general public will be able to cycle round Goodwood as we've done at Blenheim. Whilst I think Goodwood is a lovely location, its hardly central and I think it will deter a lot of visitors.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Does anyone know if the general public will be able to cycle round Goodwood as we've done at Blenheim. Whilst I think Goodwood is a lovely location, its hardly central and I think it will deter a lot of visitors.
Yes, there's a casual 'big ride' for the last two hours on the Sunday & two one-hour charity family rides as well. And as for the location deterring visitors....I doubt it. You may have heard of the Festival of Speed, the Goodwood Revival…those little shindigs, to name but two, have no problem pulling in the punters year after year. Chichester's within easy reach of London, let alone those of us in Hants/Sussex.

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Registration opened today, the BWC is on the sunday, but the the event starts on the Friday with various races over the weekend. I didnt sign up for the championships but instead for the Family Charity ride on the Sunday only, got a day pass so I could relax and pootle about on my bike and enjoy the atmosphere.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yes, there's a casual 'big ride' for the last two hours on the Sunday & two one-hour charity family rides as well. And as for the location deterring visitors....I doubt it. You may have heard of the Festival of Speed, the Goodwood Revival…those little shindigs, to name but two, have no problem pulling in the punters year after year. Chichester's within easy reach of London, let alone those of us in Hants/Sussex.
People are already declining Goodwood because it is a motor race track... but the location has won me over. Virtually on my doorstep.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Don't they have ages groups or more leisurely classes?

I'll be more there for the fun and social as opposed to taking the racing seriously. I'm talking a few steady laps with a hangover and in fancy dress just to highlight that I'm not too keen :whistle:
Put yourself down as 35 minute plus type then and fake an unfolding incident at the Le Mans mass start. I think they should disqualify anyone, like me, who gets lapped.

OP
OP
Pottsy

Pottsy

I'm in.

I won't be taking it too seriously at all, hoping for some sun, camping, a bit of a laugh and a few beers.

Top Bottom