Bromptons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brand X

It's a good design, no argument there, but the price.. so expensive. If I was living in London making lots of money, commuting to work every day on the underground and I was in need of a folding bike, the Brompton would be in my top 3 choices of folding bikes but it's not a bike I would own as a second bike, it's too much money to spend on a toy. I think that's the market the Brompton is primarily targeted at; City commuters who work in offices and are cash-rich enough to buy the best.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's a good design, no argument there, but the price.. so expensive. If I was living in London making lots of money, commuting to work every day on the underground and I was in need of a folding bike, the Brompton would be in my top 3 choices of folding bikes but it's not a bike I would own as a second bike, it's too much money to spend on a toy. I think that's the market the Brompton is primarily targeted at; City commuters who work in offices and are cash-rich enough to buy the best.
Nope - any commuter who has a multi-modal journey. I bought my first (at not too much lower a same cash price as I paid for my second) 17 years ago because it was cheaper than adding the tube to my train commute. Almost every annual season ticket in London (and, probably, most cities) is more expensive than a Brommie. And the Brompton will last you 10 years.

Top Bottom