Brooks Cambium C17 Saddle.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fylde_coast_Pies

In the interest of my backside I'm considering buying a Brooks Cambium C17 seat. At the moment I'm using a Specialized Phenom which I purchased after reading many positive reviews. Although the seat has undoubted quality I'm finding it a little too firm for my liking.
Has anyone purchased the Brooks seat? I'm very tempted to go for it but at £105 it's an expensive gamble, especially if the Mrs. finds out!

robgul

Legendary Member
No ... but a friend has one and seems to have had "instant comfort" ... and he's not a former Brooks user.

I've ridden his bike for about half a mile when it was brand new and the Cambium was as comfortable as any of the run-in Brooks B17 saddles I have on my own bikes.

I'm hovering, so to speak, on buying a Cambium .... but only in the SLATE colour ... not the hideous beige version.

Rob

OP
OP
Fylde_coast_Pies

Fylde_coast_Pies

I ended up with a slate Brooks C17 and I've got to say,....I'm impressed:smile:
I think the measure of a good saddle is if you forget about it while your riding. The Brooks doesn't disappoint. I'm not sure what Brooks were on when they came up with idea that it's waterproof because it isn't. Pour water on it and rather see it beading off like their promotional video it soaks right into the canvas but all in all it's a good saddle.
I've noticed that now they've released the smaller C15, all saddle's are now available in black :cursing:

Anyone want to swap a black one for a slate :blush:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've always found the pads in my shorts to be more of a problem than my saddle. Good pads equal comfort,poor/worn ones are a problem. An expensive saddle means nothing without good padding in my opinion.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Brooks seem to be the marmite of saddles, people either love them or hate them ^_^ Must admit I love them, but not their price. The B17 is the only saddle I can ride any distance on without padded shorts. On my road bike I opted for the Spa Cycles own brand for less than half the Brooks price & am happy with that too.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Or they hate them for the first 6 months and love them after that.

Brooks are odd things. Some are great out of the box but some can take a year to break in. I have them on all my bikes.. But for me it is not just because they are comfortable to Tour on, it is the way that they look and are made.

Is it the only saddle that is ionic?

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
The wife asked me what I want for Crimbo & said I quite fancy a cambium C15 saddle. What's the difference between the 15 & 17?

Top Bottom