Brooks Cambium equivalent to Swallow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
I bought a Brooks Swallow to compliment the build I did of a Classic Raleigh frame. I chose it based on its width being basically the same (153mm v 155mm) of my Specialized Romin Evo Pro; a saddle that was chosen (with guidance) as suiting my arse and riding profile.

The thing is, with less than 300 miles on the Swallow, it feels more comfortable at the end of 100 miles than the Spesh does at 30!

However, the Spesh does get risen in all weather through the winter, something I'd not imagine the Brooks would appreciate.

Thus, I'm asking are there any Brooks afficionados that can relate Cambiums to the hide covered range? Which Cambium best approximates the Swallow, or should I just bite the bullet and fork out for another Swallow?

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
In my own view Cambium is utterly horrible. Period. Stick to leather.

cheys03

Veteran
I hate the Cambiums too, wretched things and no comfort compared to a leather brooks. I gave two a fair trial but could not find a width or position that didn’t hurt after only a few miles. My commuter has a leather Flyer and is fine all year round. Stored in the garage at home and under a covered shed when at work. Proofide twice a year.

Drop Brooks a line and ask them? There are so many different Cambuims these days I have lost track.

I have a C17 which is the B17 equivalent and love it.:okay: I also have a couple of B17s,: love one and hate the other:wacko:

OP
OP
russ.will

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Thanks for the input. As my birthday purchase deadline approached, I played safe and just bought a Swallow in black.

It'll look odd on a full carbon Di2 disc thingy, but my arse will be happy.

Russ

Top Bottom