Brooks Saddles make history

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
not seen those before
good link(s)

Garz

Squat Member
Anyone have one of the racey type models, im now thinking of getting one as it will last longer than the bikes and hopefully be uber comfy?

jimboalee

Got a copper rivet honey pro on my Pug.

P2010_07-11-09.jpg

Is great, like yaknow.

Garz

Squat Member
How many jimbo miles to break them in would you say (and in your opinion worth the money)?

Noodley

Garz said:
Anyone have one of the racey type models, im now thinking of getting one as it will last longer than the bikes and hopefully be uber comfy?

I had a Pro and a Swift Titanium. Sold them both as I didn't get on with them. Never had any saddle sores since I replaced them.

Garz

Squat Member
Oh so you got saddle sore whilst using them?

In the videos it does stipulate that it takes a bit of mileage to break them in. I currently on the stock seat that came with the bike and on 40+ mile rides it does ache a bit leading me to believe it could be replaced with a superior one albeit some trial and error.

Dave5N

Über Member
I did thousands of miles on my B17 Narrows. Loved them. Can't say I'd swap my Spec. Toupes for them now though.

Lambchop

Mmmm I do like Brooks stuff, I have the honey coloured leather bar tape on my old Dawes that match my San Marco Regal saddle in brown suede. Nice.

GrahamG

Guru
Biggest problem with Brooks saddles is that the bloody rails are too short - if you don't have a slack seat angle (like most bikes designed at the same time as their saddles!) then you need a seatpost with a huge amount of setback. Daft buggers think that working to century old designs is more important that keeping abreast of trends in the bike industry. I'm giving a B17 a go but am frankly astounded that I need to buy a new seatpost in order to make it work.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Noodley said:
I had a Pro and a Swift Titanium. Sold them both as I didn't get on with them. Never had any saddle sores since I replaced them.

I've got a same Swift Ti on the Thorn Horror. It's great to look at but nothing special in the comfort stakes, despite several thousand miles of my arse. The spec toupe on the vanity bike is more comfortable, despite looking like its popped out of a cracker ( admittedly a waitrose cracker). Saddles. Very personal.

chap

Veteran
Brooks saddles are great products, and the Green leather B17 is to die for. Seriously, next to getting a bespoke suit, this is the closest I come to fathoming the female obsessions with shoes and such.

StuartG

slower but further
I have a new narrow replacing a 30 year old a much abused but still comfortable original on my tourer. I have a standard on my Brompton. As my buttocks first saw light of day in Smethwick they are clearly completely Brooks compatible.

Wouldn't dream of using any other saddle.

Top Bottom