Saddles that wreaked havoc on your backside ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guitars and Bikes

Undisputed #1 Fizik Arione.....ooooh the painful memories, didnt make10 miles on the bike and had to get taxi home. Promptly sold for what I paid for it.

What saddles wreaked havoc on your backside ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Charge Spoon. A real spoon would have hurt less.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Brooks B17. Fine - comfortable even - for a few hours, but not beyond. It was limiting my range because my legs would still have plenty in them when my arse pain threshold was reached. After a 200k audax I'd be suffering for days afterwards.

Jameshow

Veteran
Wtb devos looked like and felt like a kids saddle soft and squishy but hard as nails after 10miles even on a MTB!
Swapped for a turbo saddle!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Our Brompton with a 'women's' saddle gets a bit uncomfortable after about 40 miles. Which is fine because I don't usually ride it that far.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Having stopped cycling regularly in 1988, the snap decision to ride the 1995 BHF London to Brighton (with not much training) was a bad idea.
My Selle Italia Turbo (with misleadingly soft & fluffy blue suede) just about flayed my backside off.
img_1950_copy6_lg.jpg

0d8d0cc77e517de32a46779714a--red-rooms-the-shining.jpg

Still using the saddle now, with no problems.

simongt

Guru
Had a saddle; canna mind of the make, it was some years ago with rather raised stitch lines and a centre slot. Got rid pretty fast - ! :wacko:
Since then, been using a B.17 and two C.17s.
Yup, not everyone's choice, but they certainly float my boat - ! :okay:

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Now that I remember I also had the 1990 version of the the selle flite and it nearly tore my arse asunder. Every fabric saddle I ever owned was an arse ache as well.

I have one on my fastest bike, putting the power down and it's ok! Pootling around and it's murder!

OP
OP
G

Guitars and Bikes

I also had a richey biomax..........like sitting on a brick. That one got sold quickly too. I also had a spa cycles Nidd.........like sitting on a saddle 3 feet wide and arse sliding all over the place, this one sold as well,

Top Bottom