Saddles that wreaked havoc on your backside ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I think I’m in a minority, but I’ve always just used the saddle the bike came with. Only time I switched a saddle was when the original split and I just went into the lbs, sat on the arse measuring thing, took the first saddle they suggested.

Sloth

Every saddle I tried felt like I'd been savagely violated.
I now use a Selle SMP TRK and it's fine, not perfect but fine. I no longer come back from a ride feeling cheap, dirty and used.
These saddles get a lot of flak but it seems to suit me so all's good. It can sometimes seem to pull me forward slightly though, which is annoying.
I've never used the original Giant 'Approach' Saddle that came on my Fastroad Advanced 1, it looks decent but also worryingly minimal vs the SMP.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Every saddle I tried felt like I'd been savagely violated.
I now use a Selle SMP TRK and it's fine, not perfect but fine. I no longer come back from a ride feeling cheap, dirty and used.
These saddles get a lot of flak but it seems to suit me so all's good. It can sometimes seem to pull me forward slightly though, which is annoying.
I've never used the original Giant 'Approach' Saddle that came on my Fastroad Advanced 1, it looks decent but also worryingly minimal vs the SMP.

I use exclusively Selle SMP saddles on my bikes. The most comfortable saddles I've ever used.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'm not tempted to try this
1695632366598.png

If all else fails...
1695634677596.jpeg

Jameshow

Veteran
Any one get a babbon butt? when riding in hot weather / wet weather I tend to get a rash on my skin at the edge of the saddle???

Top Bottom