Brooks Swift or B17

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er... Five years? I have used the same El Cheapo Trek plastic saddle now for about 15 years! I have re-covered it with new vinyl three times and it is still as comfortable as ever.

Bigtallfatbloke

I pit a B17 champion on my tourer and I am happy with it. It is heavy though so i wouldnt put it on a road bike (if I had one!)...I would say that it is crucial to get it set right or your nuts will suffer....but it looks great on my racing green frame

ASC1951

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
Er... Five years? I have used the same El Cheapo Trek plastic saddle now for about 15 years! I have re-covered it with new vinyl three times and it is still as comfortable as ever.
Fair enough. I've tried plastic and gel saddles, from cheap tat up to good Selles and even a Litespeed; unfortunately I couldn't get on with any of them, whereas my various Brooks have always been comfortable.

The five years is 20,000 miles and I'm not very light.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
ASC1951 said:
Fair enough. I've tried plastic and gel saddles, from cheap tat up to good Selles and even a Litespeed; unfortunately I couldn't get on with any of them, whereas my various Brooks have always been comfortable.

The five years is 20,000 miles and I'm not very light.
I retired my first B17 after around 22 years of reasonable use, but I was a lightweight back then.

Top Bottom