Brown sauce or tomato ketchup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
None on a bacon butty for me. Tomato on a sausage Sanger though

TeeQue

Preferably dry cured streaky as well.

I must have a deep aversion to brown glop as I have never managed to try any sort of brown sauce or marmite in my whole 53 years. Not keen on tomato sauce either.

Perfect bacon butty is -
Bread warmed in the microwave (no butter or anything)
Bacon is cooked in frying pan which has just a light spray of oil and then when it is cooked (brown bits on bacon) add about a tablespoon of water to the pan and coat the bacon in the burnt bits in the pan. This is then quickly put on the warm bread (must be eaten as soon as cooked).
On top of the bacon goes a bit of lettuce with a bit of lemon juice and the top slice of bread.

The lemon juice on the lettuce balances out the bacon flavour. Perfection!

green1

Über Member
I must have a deep aversion to brown glop as I have never managed to try any sort of brown sauce or marmite in my whole 53 years. Not keen on tomato sauce either.

Perfect bacon butty is -
Bread warmed in the microwave (no butter or anything)
Bacon is cooked in frying pan which has just a light spray of oil and then when it is cooked (brown bits on bacon) add about a tablespoon of water to the pan and coat the bacon in the burnt bits in the pan. This is then quickly put on the warm bread (must be eaten as soon as cooked).
On top of the bacon goes a bit of lettuce with a bit of lemon juice and the top slice of bread.

The lemon juice on the lettuce balances out the bacon flavour. Perfection!
I Agree with the no butter bit seeing as I don't eat any spread, but the rest? :headshake:
Bread (put my bacon in sliced bread and you will die btw) should be lightly toasted, NEVER microwaved.
Water should never be found anywhere near bacon. Any water injected bacon should be given to the dog.
Lettuce!?! Weirdo.

Top Bottom