Brriing - Brriing bell for Brompton ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tenkaykev has a S6L (2019) and finds the stock “ping” bell a bit feeble. She would like to fit a louder and as she describes it “ more melodic and friendly “ bell, more like the older “ briing briing “ bells. I’ve searched various online threads but wondered if any fellow Brommie owners on here had any personal experience/ recommendations?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

southcoast

Über Member
A bike horn could be worth a try?

1626795002070.jpeg

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The post-2017 bell is hopeless. The old one on the derailleur shifter isn't bad, just prone to accidental pings when shifting.

ExBrit

Über Member
Mrs Tenkaykev has a S6L (2019) and finds the stock “ping” bell a bit feeble. She would like to fit a louder and as she describes it “ more melodic and friendly “ bell, more like the older “ briing briing “ bells. I’ve searched various online threads but wondered if any fellow Brommie owners on here had any personal experience/ recommendations?
I know what she means about the bell. It's optimized for bats and very small children. At my age, that frequency barely registers.🧙‍♂️

I got one from Planetx a while ago
seem to have stopped doing it though

point to note
don;t get a two tone one from Halfrauds without checking the sound - I got one for my wife's bike and one of the tones of off key!!!

roley poley

Über Member
Bought a Kong oi when they first came out ...slimline curved xylophone key affair ..sweet and unobtrusive but only audible on the towpath when under a bridge on a quiet day with no birdsong to compete with it..however no obstruction when folding

Top Bottom