brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
'kept the worse out'? I'm suprised you could move

been in longs for a couple of weeks now, wore a very lightweight rain top todat but felt warm fairly quickly and did most of the journey with that and the new izumi long sleeve unzipped

you just have to grin and bear for the first ten minutes I think, no problems with fingers but toes are getting cold near the end, those bloody vents, thinking of getting toe covers rather than wearing out the overshoes

first day out with the new pannier today and very good it was too, £18 the pair on ebay, only lunch and a change of clothes today, college tomorrow will be the big one with all dem books, and setting off for home at after 9pm

came back from college on Sat eve on the scooter and saw two blokes, one on fixed and one on a big racer tearing along up the road towards Camden High Road, can't have been far short of 30mph

Tetedelacourse

overshoes are a must for me now. pain to put on but do a great job.

Even with a woolly hat on this morning (no it didn't have a bauble) my ears were freezing to begin with and I got an ice cream headache, but I was soon hotter than a rabid monkey in a furnace.

ChrisW

It was the full monty for me this a.m:

Big shimano winter boots
Thermal socks
Thick leggings
Thermal undershirt
Gore windproof top
Sweatshirt
HEATED GOLVES!!!!!!
And nice black head warmer...

And i still froze..but did a great impersonation of the Michelin Man.

Tetedelacourse

ChrisW said:
It was the full monty for me this a.m:

Big shimano winter boots
Thermal socks
Thick leggings
Thermal undershirt
Gore windproof top
Sweatshirt
HEATED GOLVES!!!!!!
And nice black head warmer...

And i still froze..but did a great impersonation of the Michelin Man.

No need for this if you clear up your skin problems.:blush:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ok ... so its cold.... the problem I seem to have is that I set off wearing a fleece under my hi-vis waterproof, and after 4 miles I have to stop by the river and remove the fleece (put the hi-vis jacket back on) before tackling a big hill (well to me). Is there a better way to dress myself?

Tynan

Veteran
'If it appears that you can't go on, stop and build some sort of shelter or dig a hole in the snow before you run totally out of gas.'

yikes

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:
Even with a woolly hat on this morning (no it didn't have a bauble)

A bauble on a hat, how very Christmassy. My woolly hats normally have bobbles.
:blush:

Actually, I don't have a bobble hat. I have a nice fleece Rohan hat. I have moved into my windproof gloves in the last couple of days...

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Arch said:
I have moved into my windproof gloves in the last couple of days...

I'd heard house prices had gone up in York, but thats ridiculous!!:blush:

sjb

Too warm this morning! Got togged up in tights and jacket this morning after dire warnings of near freezing temps and had to strip off half way up the first hill....mind you, the forecast for tomorrow at 0600 is -2!!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Bib 3/4s plus short sleeve and windproof for me today. Had to stop part way to add glove liners under my mitts, but other than that, pretty comfy all round.

bonj2

christ I must be quite nesh then really... never get too warm in winter gloves unless the temp's in double figures, and always in longs and a big jumper...
a lot of my commute's at nearly 600ft a.s.l.* though so it's quite windy.

My feet get really cold though -don't know why. they were on saturday when i was MTBing round ladybower. so i'm getting some thermal socks. blacks had good baselayer ones that I got but they wanted about a tenner a pair for big woolly ones, sod that - decathlon have got big warm skiing socks for about a fiver so i'm gonna get them.

saw a (female) cyclist in shorts this morning!

*(i'm not being competitive here, just saying)

gambatte said:
-5 in Rotherham, according to the Met office

more cloud cover on friday so warmer fri evening than tomorrow evening.

Top Bottom