1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by alecstilleyedye, 12 Nov 2007.

1. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

it was so cold this morning that the aldi bib longs got a run-out :blush:

2. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Aye my longs were out today too. 2 pairs of gloves as well. Crackin once you get going when it's as crisp as that though eh?

Little bit of groundfrost but nothing to worry about.

3. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

dhb 3/4s[1] for me, plus thermal long sleeve under the short sleeve jersey.

It was still a bit cold though.

[1] Whatever the fluffy backed material they're made of is, it's *lovely*.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Short shorts and vest plus little ankle socks for me!

5. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Yeah but you practically live in the tropics. The cold weather would be the least of your worries if you wore that rig-out up here.

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I had my buff on today to cover my ears. It certainly was fun cycling past all the car drivers our scraping their cars :blush:

7. I commute in my work trowser so my knees are always covered but I have to admit I wore a wind proof jacket under my waterproof today and some thicker gloves and I went by the road too incase the path was icy.

8. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Had no frost down here yet - there was meant to be some this morning, but nothing so far. Was just about warm enough in my 3/4s and a long-sleeved T shirt with a hiviz vest over the top. However my toes got rather cold, as did my middle finger on my right hand. I think soon I'm going to have to make some covers for my tie clips to keep the wind off my feet, and maybe upgrade my gloves. I may also have to move over to track suit bottoms.

9. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

Frosty in Bristol this morning. Couldn't find my fleece headband so my ears were stinging by the time I got to work.

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

how does one go about tracking a suit bottom?

11. Cab

Cab New Member

Was certainly a chill this morning. I commute in work clothes, but its out with the winter gloves from now on I think.

12. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Having seen your photo, the thought of you dressed like this has put me right off my dinner.... :blush:

13. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Oh, how about if I told you the ankle socks have got little frilly bits on?

14. gazzaputt

gazzaputt New Member

Was bloody freezing at 6am riding from Bexley to Putney. Roubaix longs, base layer, long sleeve,a windproof jacket, thermal liner gloves, outer windproof gloves, thermal socks, overshoes and a headband kept the worse out.

15. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Oh, oh here comes my lunch......:blush: