Bruce Forsyth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Mad Doug Biker said:
So what country did Mrs Darkstar represent then??
Haha i'm not married! Though my GF is the most beautiful girl i've ever seen so she would represent England... (Said my bit, just incase she somehow reads this):biggrin:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
montage said:
This is what triggered my post yer. He was also a bit of a twunt in the run up to the general elections. For some reason he was being interviewed on the whole matter, and mid speech he whined about having his back to the audience and did the whole "it's nice to see you..." but got little response :smile:

Yeah I saw that and it was embarrassing. I sometimes think he flogs the "old vaudeville pro trooper" a bit too hard.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
summerdays said:
I often wonder why they don't have Angus as a guest presenter... I'd love to see him back even for a once off.

I thought he was just a smug peanut and I really had great Schadenfreude when he was getting all the digs from the other two for his faux pas.

Perhaps they could give the job to that former BBC political correspondent (John Serjeant?) as I reckon he would do it well.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Brucie's and old-school pro, whose cheesy act often annoys... also seems a bit 'up himself' at times, and I can imagine him turning the charm on or off at will. However, he looks pretty good for an 80 yr old (or whatever he is) and a large part of his act now seems to stem from the disbelief that someone so old could still be doing his thang...

tyred

Legendary Member
He can be funny on occasion. I remember laughing at a him telling a joke once. I think it was in 1984. I haven't heard him say anything funny since.

tyred

Legendary Member
Why give up three or four years ago? He was never any good and has been using the same catchphrases for longer than anyone can remember so what's different now?

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I think he is probably the consummate game show host. The link which Waffly gives seems to be about a bloke who just didn't like the fact that he found Mr Forsythe to be rude. I don't think he should go just on grounds of age but only if he can't do his job.

wafflycat

Andy in Sig said:
I think he is probably the consummate game show host. The link which Waffly gives seems to be about a bloke who just didn't like the fact that he found Mr Forsythe to be rude. I don't think he should go just on grounds of age but only if he can't do his job.

He can't do his job any more - he's well past his sell-by date irrespective of his chronological age.

Edit: years ago I remember watching an interview with Brucie and he was scathing - horrible - downright nasty about the public - the very same public who, over the years, had spent their hard-earned dosh on Brusic in terms of being his audience. Very unprofessional and nasty and he's forgotten who gave him the lifestyle he enjoys - his fans.

Strange that Angus was booted off HIGNFY for having an affair while in a long term relationship and is replaced by Forsyth who has spent his whole life marrying young women, having kids with them and then pissing off and leaving them to bring up the kids alone while he runs off with a younger model.

Best thing the Queen has ever done is pass over him when handing out honours.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I don't often venture into P&L bit of CC, but in an effiort to defer the work I really should be doing, I had a look.... found this Bruce-related gem from telesonic99 (text copied below) true? sounds like urban myth, but...

telesonic99 said:
True story. One of the biggest menaces to cyclists in the 1970's was octagenarian Bruce Forsyth driving himself to BBC Centre during the development of a light entertainment show. Due to failing eyesight he would often take out cyclists on his nearside when turning left. The Bentley dealership who had grown accustomed to this would often ask "okay let's see the scores on the doors". Brucie asked if he could use this phrase for himself and the chief mechanic, Mr Didney Duwell, asked for no royalty to be paid but instead to be namechecked whenever possible. True dat.

[edit... he can't have been octogenarian in the 1970s, or he'd be120 by now :-) ]

[edit #2....oh, I see, Mr Didney Duwell... der, I should read things more carefully !!!!)

Top Bottom