Bruises on my inner knees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
After my ride today a "bruise" has developed on the inside of either knee. They are dark red rather than black/grey/blue. The left one is about the size of a 2p piece, the right more like a 5p piece. They are sore to touch. I've had it on the left knee after a ride before and it's faded quickly, but something can't be right.
Any ideas what's going on?? I'm 99% sure I haven't bashed them on anything.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Top tube ....................?

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Pretty sure it's not. I do naturally ride quite knock kneed, but I have wedges under my cleats and whenever I look my knees appear to be tracking nicely.
I think I would notice any knocks.

dudi

I get that occasionally... mine's from smashing my knee into my top-tube on a hard incline. I never usually notice doing it as I'm riding quite hard at the time.

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
dudi said:
I get that occasionally... mine's from smashing my knee into my top-tube on a hard incline. I never usually notice doing it as I'm riding quite hard at the time.
Maybe I'm the same then, there was a long 25% climb on my ridexx(
The bruises are slightly above and in from the knobly bit of the inner knee though, is that the same with you?

dudi

Joe said:
Maybe I'm the same then, there was a long 25% climb on my ridexx(
The bruises are slightly above and in from the knobly bit of the inner knee though, is that the same with you?

Sounds like the same place to me. It could be due to over exuberant swinging f the bike on a climb, or it could be the way your legs rotate... possibly fixable by a wede under the cleats? ?

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Ok I've been watching...and it's definitely due to bashing the top tube when climbing hard out of the saddle:blush:
I'm already wedged out so I guess I just have to work on my form.

Top Bottom