Brushing your Knashers..

Brushing you Knashers

• ON till End

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Off till Rinse

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugo15

Über Member
Off whilst brushing to save water.

Abitrary

Aren't there categories missing in this? Isn't it:

-On for an initial toothbrush rinse, and on until the final rinse
-On for an initial toothbrush rinse, then off, and then on again for the final rinse
-On, without an initial toothbrush rinse, then on till the final rinse
-Off during the whole brushing, until the final rinse

I'm not even sure that this is the full story though

bonj2

Doesn't the water just go into the drain, down the sewer, into the water processing plant, into a river, flows into the sea, evaporates, blows into a cloud, rains down, stored in a reservoir, into the water filtration plant, and back into the pipes that lead to the taps? i.e. the water cycle?

Abitrary

The only time I've seen people worried about this was on an episode in the Cosby show, where they were doing some sort of snobbery thing where Mrs Cosby was complaining about the families in the projects not turning off their taps whilst brushing their teeth

snorri

Legendary Member
Keep the taps open as long as possible , it maintains a flow and lessens the likelihood of gunge build up in the supply pipes.;)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
bonj said:
Doesn't the water just go into the drain, down the sewer, into the water processing plant, into a river, flows into the sea, evaporates, blows into a cloud, rains down, stored in a reservoir, into the water filtration plant, and back into the pipes that lead to the taps? i.e. the water cycle?
Unless you live in London where it goes down the drain/toilet, through the treatment plant and back to your tap !

mondobongo

Über Member
Leaving the tap on whilst you brush your teeth will on average use 10 litres of water. Turn the tap off.

Pete

The options ought to have been:
  1. On, and I don't have a water meter.
  2. On, even though I have a water meter.
  3. Off, even though I don't have a water meter.
  4. Off, because I have a water meter.
Then we'd be able to see how much of it is down to simple pounds, shillings and pence!

As for me, my answer in the above list is (3). (4) when staying at the house in France.

I thought this topic was going to be about how you brush your teeth. Or what sort of toothbrush you use (manual or electric)?

Mortiroloboy

Elmer Fudd said:
Unless you live in London where it goes down the drain/toilet, through the treatment plant and back to your tap !

Unless you live in London, where it goes down the drain/toilet, through the pipes and comes back out your tap tasting like it has completely bypassed the treatment plant.;):tongue:

gbb

Legendary Member
Take it a step further...and dont brush your teeth....think of the water we'd save then ;)

Tap off while brushing for me.

I think i'm becoming a sad git...too much time sat thinking about things like this. We are encouraged to use less water in the house.
So...youve been to the loo, and they suggest you short flush. All the toilet waste is therefor more concentrated...does it require MORE treatment because its more concentrated...is it self defeating ????

I dunno...i got a headache now :tongue:

Top Bottom