BRVR - Goats League - Climb 3- James Canyon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I have found a good rider to use as a pacer, knowing that I will loose out to them in the end. I actually was leading them until around 8Km in, and then they pulled away to lead me by a minute, I'd managed to put out 4.5 to 5.6W/Kg in the flatter bits, but that final ram I really couldn't do it and had to fall back to 3.6 to 3.9. Not doing the Fat Burn workout as a warm up might have been a better idea though :rofl:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
35:03 for me today. https://bigringvr.com/activity.aspx?rideID=39610

Not well paced, went out to fast and paid for it in the end. It's like my brain shuts off when I start, because I know that on climbs like this you have to keep some reserve and then kick it all out in the end. Oh well, you live and you learn. Hopefully.. :whistle:
Yeah @ibooij you need to up your game, it's not like you got the KOM or are at the top of the BRVR leader board or anything ^_^

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Inreases of 30-50 are hard but not too hard. Anything over that is almost like kicking a wall, a sudden stop. I've tried a couple of routes in bkool and they certainly beat you up if you don't keep the power on.

I may need to jump onto trainer road or :unsure::sad::blush: zwift to try out some workouts which is where the kickr seems happiest. It works on BRVR and Bkool, but at the moment something doesn't seem right, I'm not sure what though. However I'm comparing apple, oranges and bananas with the trainers.

More experimentation needed :dry:.
It seems to me that there can be so many anomalies, nuances and variances between different turbos and different programs and how they interact with one another that all you can do in reality is compete against yourself and look for improvements within a platform, at least the comparisons should be genuine if you don't keep chopping and changing.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It seems to me that there can be so many anomalies, nuances and variances between different turbos and different programs and how they interact with one another that all you can do in reality is compete against yourself and look for improvements within a platform, at least the comparisons should be genuine if you don't keep chopping and changing.
I totally agree, part of the reason I stuck with the classic. It's going to be an interesting few months from here.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Doing this tomorrow :blink:

borchgrevink

Odd. Yes and no.

Odd in the sense that I'm getting used to a new trainer. The kickr is a little harder to get going, at any grade, even negative ones. But once up to speed it seems easier to keep it there :unsure:.

Much difference. Yes it will stall you out if it senses the need to up resistance for a set power level, the max resistance is far greater than a classic or pro. However is seem to be slightly easier on the higher gradients with the cassette I have installed 11-42, I use 1st (36/42, yes that is the right way round) for gradients above 7 or 8% on the pro or classic it was >6%. I get penalised on both bkool and BRVR for my inability to put out the power needed to maintain the correct/real speed, they both drop the registered speed to match weight-power. I averaged 193W on this climb according to BRVR with the Kickr, about where I expected to be :smile:.

On the whole pleasantly surprised by the way it worked, but fearful of where it may go in a workout/trainer road type scenario.

I'll try to join the CG ride tomorrow to see how badly I do :cry:

So your experience is that the watt is pretty similar on steep inclines?

Top Bottom