BRVR - Goats League - Climb 3- James Canyon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
So your experience is that the watt is pretty similar on steep inclines?
Yes the classic / kickr are similar in their power readings, both a little higher than my vectors, for the same perceived effort. The Pro just gives silly numbers 50 or more watts higher for the same perceived effort.

But the kickr seems to be harder for any given power. I think it is down to the need to keep the power on, ease up and the power drops almost instantly, as it should. But the effort required to get back up to speed feels a lot higher although the readings, so far, don't seem to show it.

I'm still learning the kickr but so far so good :unsure:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
@Aleman 40:36. Used my previous time as a pacer and fortunately I managed to beat myself up:B)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Times In, Dave your pushing me ... "I can't let you do that Dave" :laugh:

Next weeks ride is Flagstaff USA Post your times in the thread here and I'll update the spreadsheet.
WHAAAAAAAAAAT, I just did that bugg@r last week! As did @martin22 by the looks of things (almost identical times), at least I've got something to aim at.
Might give it a try on Tuesday. I'm liking these climbs as it's helping me recover my fitness but I doubt I can push and ride at the same time so I think you're safe from me at any rate:laugh:

borchgrevink

43:07 struggled mightily on the flatter stretches to keep up. Easier in the steeps parts.

PS Just my five cents: Great initiativ on the league!!! But, I find many of the American rides a bit "boring", the view is very much the same from ride to ride, a bit monotonous?

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
WHAAAAAAAAAAT, I just did that bugg@r last week! As did @martin22 by the looks of things (almost identical times), at least I've got something to aim at.
Might give it a try on Tuesday. I'm liking these climbs as it's helping me recover my fitness but I doubt I can push and ride at the same time so I think you're safe from me at any rate:laugh:
Excellent, I'll have a pacer that's relevant to the league ... I'm normally aiming at Tigo Star, nearly had the beggar on James Canyon, but he pulled out a 1:05 lead in the last km :cry:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Excellent, I'll have a pacer that's relevant to the league ... I'm normally aiming at Tigo Star, nearly had the beggar on James Canyon, but he pulled out a 1:05 lead in the last km :cry:
Actually Tigo Star was one of the riders I used to pace against before I whacked my knee. I've even tried pacing against Tom Smeets! I well remember those rides, chanting my mantra as I went along "Never beats Tommy Smeets, never beats Tommy Smeets" Not much of an encouraging mantra but it passed the time on the long climbs:okay:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Actually Tigo Star was one of the riders I used to pace against before I whacked my knee. I've even tried pacing against Tom Smeets! I well remember those rides, chanting my mantra as I went along "Never beats Tommy Smeets, never beats Tommy Smeets" Not much of an encouraging mantra but it passed the time on the long climbs:okay:
Mine is the faster i go quicker it's over with works quite well with me any way

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
43:07 struggled mightily on the flatter stretches to keep up. Easier in the steeps parts.

PS Just my five cents: Great initiativ on the league!!! But, I find many of the American rides a bit "boring", the view is very much the same from ride to ride, a bit monotonous?
A couple of them are literally a mile apart, if that. Just found them Magnolia and Sugarloaf.

borchgrevink

@Aleman Are you using a Bkool Pro? Don't know about you, but I gave it my best on all the rides in the league. On the first ride I even beat you with a couple of seconds, but on this last one you were minutes ahead. I have no idea why...

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
@Aleman Are you using a Bkool Pro? Don't know about you, but I gave it my best on all the rides in the league. On the first ride I even beat you with a couple of seconds, but on this last one you were minutes ahead. I have no idea why...
Yes, it's a pro. Got to say it didn't feel like I had a dose of Fairy Dust, that is usually pretty obvious, especially when I went off hard from the start, I was pushing 4.5 to 5.3W/Kg for the first 3 miles, and it felt like it.

borchgrevink

Yes, it's a pro. Got to say it didn't feel like I had a dose of Fairy Dust, that is usually pretty obvious, especially when I went off hard from the start, I was pushing 4.5 to 5.3W/Kg for the first 3 miles, and it felt like it.
Obviously much better shape than I'm in

Top Bottom