BRVR - Goats League - Climb 4 - Flagstaff USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martin22

41.27 for me, only rode that about 6 weeks ago but forgot how steep it gets towards the end. Good fun though :hyper::crazy:

Bye bye USA... hello lush green Pyrenees!

SmP-62

Yes, it is.

As I enter the League, there was a rule closing the ride after cca 1 month. That was changed, because if somebody was joining the League later, each 'not in time frame' done ride was counted as the slowest time of all + 10% time penalty. It is impossible to compensate that (even 10% penalty in riders time is a lot).

So now counts every ride done after it was annouced here (and that is the difference to BR site challenge, where all rides done after the challenge is started are valid ... as I already wrote)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I am thinking of enforcing that rule for next years challenge though. ... The BRVR Challenge caters for all those who want to join late ;)

SmP-62

To be honest ... It makes sense.

That are 2 different groups of riders.

PS: When I join, I didn't know about BR Challenge.

SmP-62

Must add following ...

This challenge is a veeeeeery long one.

Closing a ride after some time makes also sense not to compare rides done in the pre-season (march) and in top-season.

It is logical to expect, when the times will be better.

Other BR Challenges are open for a (relative) short time and comparation between the riders is more fair.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I agree it is a long one, I'm actually wondering about changing it to skip the 'Summer Season' when most people are riding in the real world. Then they are so many rides behind there is no motivation to catch up. So either going from beginning of September/October through to the end of March, or two challenges, September/October to end of December, and Jan to end of March.

Another idea I'm having is to throw choice of climb open to a poll each week. 5 Options, we all have one vote, the most popular becomes the ride for the week, the following week the 4 least popular rides carry on and another one is added ...

Just throwing ideas around at the moment. ... Probably need to start a separate thread TBH

SmP-62

I think pre-season and post-season packages will be fine.

Pre-season ... start mid december with easier rides and end in may

Post-season ... september-mid november ... and some free weeks between both of them

And as 'backup' for some riders there are always BR Challenges.

EDIT: Pre-season can be divided in winter- and spring-part, not to be to long per package.

Last edited:
Top Bottom