BRVR - Goats League - Climb 6 - Port de Cabus, Andorra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Staying in Andorra again this week, in spite of a couple of cracking suggestions another longer more gentle ride, this time it's Port de Cabus 20.1Km and 941m of ascent ... The first half looks tough, but don't forget to leave something in the tank for the last 5Km!!

portdecabus.profile.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Staying in Andorra again this week, in spite of a couple of cracking suggestions another longer more gentle ride, this time it's Port de Cabus 20.1Km and 941m of ascent ... The first half looks tough, but don't forget to leave something in the tank for the last 5Km!!

View attachment 405591

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire
:cursing::banghead::cursing:

Edit

3000ft of climbing :blink:

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just checked and the last time I tried it I managed to average 300 watt. There's no way I'm going to get any where near that again so I'll be looking for another pacer. If I can get within 5 minutes of my previous time I'll be happy.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
1:21:31please.
Not sure if doing it before work was a good idea or not, I expect I'll find out sometime this afternoon.

theboxers

Well I didn't like the first 5Km
... The second 5Km were Pretty bad as well ...
... Don't ask about the third 5Km ....
... the the last 5Km ... they were awful as well!!

1:06:23
It's kilo's 12.5 to 15.5 that are a kick on the proverbials. It looks a lot less steep. When it is, in fact, nothing of the sort. Especially after the previous 11k. :cursing::banghead::sweat:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
@Aleman

1:23:13

I may stop trying to ride as hard as I can, and pootle up the next one or two. My legs are complaining most of the time, on and off the bike, and a rest this last week hasn't improved things. There's no sign of illness, so I think it's age beginning to take it's toll :sad:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I may stop trying to ride as hard as I can, and pootle up the next one or two. My legs are complaining most of the time, on and off the bike, and a rest this last week hasn't improved things. There's no sign of illness, so I think it's age beginning to take it's toll :sad:
I've got a real treat in store for next week :whistle:

I started the Marmotte Alpes this week, thinking that I'll just pootle along and keep down around the 200W mark ... Croix de fer really gave me a bloody nose :boxing::boxing::B):B):B):B):B):B):B) :surrender::surrender: ... It was a struggle even at ONLY 200W ... I've got to ease off this week and take it as a recovery week so no chance of going the Galibier and Alpe D'Huez ... Which I have already done @ibooij :whistle::whistle:

theboxers

I've got a real treat in store for next week :whistle:

I started the Marmotte Alpes this week, thinking that I'll just pootle along and keep down around the 200W mark ... Croix de fer really gave me a bloody nose :boxing::boxing::B):B):B):B):B):B):B) :surrender::surrender: ... It was a struggle even at ONLY 200W ... I've got to ease off this week and take it as a recovery week so no chance of going the Galibier and Alpe D'Huez ... Which I have already done @ibooij :whistle::whistle:
I averaged 197 which is pretty near my ftp, but I did it for over 3 hours. Like you I set out with a lower power, 190-200w, in mind in the hope I be able to sustain it longer. I normally try to go out at about 220 and see how I get on. However I really lost it in the last 5k though. Up until then I was avg'ing 205w.

At least by putting out less power I seem to have avoided my bête noire of a feeling of having stood on a nail with the ball of my right foot :cursing:. I only seem to get it normally after about 2 hours of hard pedaling. I had warnings of it but it didn't fully arrive, thankfully. :heat:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I averaged 197 which is pretty near my ftp, but I did it for over 3 hours. Like you I set out with a lower power, 190-200w, in mind in the hope I be able to sustain it longer. I normally try to out at about 220 and see how I get on. However I really lost it in the last 5k though. Up until then I was avg'ing 205w.

At least by putting out less power I seem to have avoided my bête noire of a feeling of having stood on a nail with the ball of my right foot :cursing:. I only seem to get it normally after about 2 hours of hard pedaling. I had warnings of it but it didn't fully arrive, thankfully. :heat:

Sounds awful. I hope you are doing some intervals and other rides ,mixing it up with these long endurance effects.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I averaged 197 which is pretty near my ftp, but I did it for over 3 hours. Like you I set out with a lower power, 190-200w, in mind in the hope I be able to sustain it longer. I normally try to out at about 220 and see how I get on. However I really lost it in the last 5k though. Up until then I was avg'ing 205w.

Have you tried different insloes for your shoes you could need extra support, i had the same sort of pain different insoles sloved the problem

theboxers

Sounds awful. I hope you are doing some intervals and other rides ,mixing it up with these long endurance effects.
Yes I've got a plan running 3 days a week on bkool for a 120km ride. I also always do a warm down descent between 10 and 20 minutes, light almost no power pedaling 80 down to 60 rpm to clear the legs. It seems to work well for me. :bicycle:
Have you tried different insloes for your shoes you could need extra support, i had the same sort of pain different insoles sloved the problem
I'm going to have to look at that. I tried a new set of shoes that has not really solve the problem. It could be a combination of factors because it has only recently started. But I have only recently really been doing >2 hr rides regularly and that is when it shows up. :unsure:

Top Bottom