BRVR - Goats League - Climb 6 - Port de Cabus, Andorra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I'm going to have to look at that. I tried a new set of shoes that has not really solve the problem. It could be a combination of factors because it has only recently started. But I have only recently really been doing >2 hr rides regularly and that is when it shows up. :unsure:
This is what i got with same time on the turbo, but not out doors as your foot is in one place where as on outside rides your foot will move much more

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
This is what i got with same time on the turbo, but not out doors as your foot is in one place where as on outside rides your foot will move much more
What insoles did you go with in the end? I've been looking and there are not that many size 49/50 insoles available.

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Don't worry, he didn't post his time in the thread, it doesn't count!!
:laugh: he'll have to do it again :tongue:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well this is a load of spherical objects. Got within 2km of the peak when the laptop decided to reboot itself. Laugh:laugh: I could have bought a round! Biggest laugh was that I was only just over a minute down on my PB so would have easily finished within the hour. Ride didn't even save to the server so I couldn't even resume from where I'd left off. I've thrown myself on the mercy of BRVR in the hope that they can upload the locally saved file so that I can continue but in the rules and the spirit of the League I can't claim the time set (I just checked on the relevant thread). So I've got it all to do again tomorrow (where I'll be :laugh:ing all the way) What I will do though is use the remainder of today's ride as a warm up.

Regards

Dave

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Well this is a load of spherical objects. Got within 2km of the peak when the laptop decided to reboot itself. Laugh:laugh: I could have bought a round! Biggest laugh was that I was only just over a minute down on my PB so would have easily finished within the hour. Ride didn't even save to the server so I couldn't even resume from where I'd left off. I've thrown myself on the mercy of BRVR in the hope that they can upload the locally saved file so that I can continue but in the rules and the spirit of the League I can't claim the time set (I just checked on the relevant thread). So I've got it all to do again tomorrow (where I'll be :laugh:ing all the way) What I will do though is use the remainder of today's ride as a warm up.

Regards

Dave
Going on a turbo in this weather is beyond the call of duty sir - I doth my cap to you
That ride did me in - even my pacer cleared off with all the others ! I don’t envy you doing it again - but if your feeling good , do the next ride as well , we don’t want you doing that with lively legs

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Going on a turbo in this weather is beyond the call of duty sir - I doth my cap to you
That ride did me in - even my pacer cleared off with all the others ! I don’t envy you doing it again - but if your feeling good , do the next ride as well , we don’t want you doing that with lively legs
Didn't mention it before but I did use your goodself as a pacer. Trailed most of the way but by the time the laptop crashed (and I'm still laughing about it) I'd managed to get myself about 30 seconds ahead. Doubt I'll be repeating that tomorrow so I may just ride up on my tod as it were.
Tend not to do much riding IRL these days as I don't have much confidence in my knee anymore since I clouted it. Might restart with a few loops (6 miles per loop) of the local cycle routes on my MTB, that way I'm not farther that about 1 mile from home at the farthest point if things go a bit awry.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Didn't mention it before but I did use your goodself as a pacer. Trailed most of the way but by the time the laptop crashed (and I'm still laughing about it) I'd managed to get myself about 30 seconds ahead. Doubt I'll be repeating that tomorrow so I may just ride up on my tod as it were.
Tend not to do much riding IRL these days as I don't have much confidence in my knee anymore since I clouted it. Might restart with a few loops (6 miles per loop) of the local cycle routes on my MTB, that way I'm not farther that about 1 mile from home at the farthest point if things go a bit awry.
if you was ahead by then , you would have streaked away from me as i was cooked ,, good old microsoft saves the day :biggrin: :okay:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well BRVR have loaded the ride to their server so I can now complete it, so thanks to @ibooij and the team for that. It won't count toward the League but might give me an idea of how long it will take to complete the final 6km downhill section. That way I'll have a good idea if I can complete the whole ride in under 1 hour and will act as a good warm up for the, yet another, attempt. Curse you microsoft.:angry::okay:

Top Bottom