BSA pathracer my first big resto thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BSAMase

BSAMase

I think certainly earlier than 1930. Probably had a front spoon brake. I suspect the sprocket and chainset might not be original.
Thats exactly my thoughts ill show a photo later of the four old bolts holding sprocket on definetly a later sprocket id say mate

OP
OP
BSAMase

BSAMase

T
That's a lovely old thing. I'd go for a repaint or powered coat myself - there ain't , much of the original finish left so I wouldn't feel guilty. T'is a personal thing though.
True its a shame you can see old pin striping in areas but dont know if I can bring it back hope so

OP
OP
BSAMase

BSAMase

Ill put cream colour tyres on respoke rims shiny ne ones oily rag the frame whats the best way to rub surface rust of without taking any left pinstriping of??

OP
OP
BSAMase

BSAMase

20180803_172924.jpg
20180803_172856.jpg
note the way the front sprocket is bolted on really cool set up

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ill put cream colour tyres on respoke rims shiny ne ones oily rag the frame whats the best way to rub surface rust of without taking any left pinstriping of??

I used a wet wipe to remove the surface dirt and grime then a wipe down with white spirit soaked cloth then another wet wipe and then some cutting compound and polish on one i did recently , BUT BE WARNED my process worked on 60's paintwork and have never tried it on anything older so tread carefully

Top Bottom