BSA Tour de France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It's been a while, but I've been on a few rides on this bike, as posted on the Your Ride Today thread and the ABC Towns and Villages challenge thread.

I have also finally signed up to the London to Brighton bike ride on the 16th June in aid of the British Heart Foundation and in memory of my near neighbour, Alan Davies who died suddenly in Feb 2017. The ride is about 56 miles, not such a stretch, but I will be riding it on this bike, Alan's 43 old steel bike that I re-built...so anything could happen! If you've got a couple of bob to spare I would be very grateful if you would sponsor me by clicking here. Thank you.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Right Then.

This particular project is finished with, rounded off by riding the BHF London to Brighton bike ride on Sunday, read here.(link)

It’s time to let this machine go now so if anyone wants to buy it, £150.00 it’s yours, just about covers the cost of new parts which have been listed up thread that have covered 97.71 miles.

I live in South Oxfordshire, but can pack it and send it for cost.

Right Then.

This particular project is finished with, rounded off by riding the BHF London to Brighton bike ride on Sunday, read here.(link)

It’s time to let this machine go now so if anyone wants to buy it, £150.00 it’s yours, just about covers the cost of new parts which have been listed up thread that have covered 97.71 miles.

I live in South Oxfordshire, but can pack it and send it for cost.
Oh ! What a shame after all that work you put into it .

Not really a shame, I enjoyed it, it was cathartic and helped me get over the unfortunate circumstances that lead to me me acquiring the bike, so job done. I have reached the end of that particular journey.
I see from your picture that the frame looks a bit on the small side . I also noticed that there isn't a great difference in the chainring sizes, close ratio , so I can see why you had problems on the hills .
I have yet to dig mine out of the garage again . Possibly when we get some sunny days .

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I see from your picture that the frame looks a bit on the small side . I also noticed that there isn't a great difference in the chainring sizes, close ratio , so I can see why you had problems on the hills .
I have yet to dig mine out of the garage again . Possibly when we get some sunny days .

Probably is a bit small, but once I sorted the seat post out it was a comfortable ride, and I had no real ill effects afterwards, a little cramp but I get that anyway.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
What size frame is it, please?
I’ll check later, but I think they’re all the same.

Top Bottom