BSA Weekender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warny

Über Member
Hi all,

Picked this up yesterday, it's a 5-speed Weekender from 1980. Decent condition overall, a few nicks here and there but lots of shiny bits^_^ Raleigh gear components and rims, Sturmey Archer hubs and seatpost. Looking online not the most sought-after model but I quite like it! 001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Classy

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Thanks all, I've just got to clean up the front rim tonight then she's finished. 5-speed is fine for Cambridge and the guy I bought it off recently put on the new matching tyres. Lovely sound from the rear cassette when coasting, as with a lot of the older bikes. Not sure the modern versions quite have that!

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
I guess they must be pretty similar, I've not come across a Sturmey Archer hub or seatpost before though. I think the brake calipers are too.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I quite like that. I'd imagine all those cheaper bikes from BSA, Sun, Hercules etc of that era probably used a generic rebadged Raleigh hi-tensile frame of the appropriate geometry. The general appearance and component set doesn't look much different to the drop bar Raleigh I had from around 1980.

Top Bottom