BSO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

So, you use the term 'hobby' in your post and then lambast me for using it in my reply to that post?

You sir, are a cock and I've no wish to continue further 'discussion'

You can cycle as a hobby. You can also cycle but not as a hobby - transport , work , professionaly.
You are still a cyclist. You do not have to do it as a hobby to be a cyclist.
You sir are a moron.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Can you only be a motorist if your state of mind is a certain way? Or are you a motorist if you drive a motorised vehicle?

apollo179

That is not my criteria but one I read on here and have heard many times before.

Previous page you said "being a cyclist is more than just riding a bike. It is a state of mind."
So are you only a cyclist if you have a state of mind that confirms to Angelfishsolos criteria.
What do you know about anybodys state of mind ???
I cycle 200 miles a week but only for transport purposes.
Never for pleasure - sometimes i enjoy it sometimes i dont.
Am i not a cyclist?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Previous page you said "being a cyclist is more than just riding a bike. It is a state of mind."
So are you only a cyclist if you have a state of mind that confirms to Angelfishsolos criteria.
What do you know about anybodys state of mind ???
I cycle 200 miles a week but only for transport purposes.
Never for pleasure - sometimes i enjoy it sometimes i dont.
Am i not a cyclist?

Repeating a post does not make it any more sensible.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I have asked the question " When does a person who uses a car become a driver?" before on this forum and not had an answer.
You are a driver when you driver a car. Just like you are a cyclist when you have a bicycle between your legs.

apollo179

You are a driver when you driver a car. Just like you are a cyclist when you have a bicycle between your legs.

Yes i like that definition.
"you are a cyclist when you have a bicycle between your legs"
Lets have a definition that errs on the generous side - not an exclusive elitist one.

abo

I have asked the question " When does a person who uses a car become a driver?" before on this forum and not had an answer.

Indeed. A driving forum I used to post in ages ago used to use the term 'car operator' to define those people who use a car to get from A to B yet have no knowledge of how they work or how to maintain them, or have few driving skills beyond those required to pass the test (or even less due to losing those skills deliberately or otherwise).

Basically to distinguish a person who might use their car/bike/lawnmower/kite/whatever as a means to an end, from those who are enthusiasts.

If you know who sees this as snobbery then I really don't care any more.

Top Bottom