BSO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You called ? :biggrin:

From what I've heard about you Tachyon is a better name :biggrin:

apollo179

The statement is based on the people I know who cycle back and for to the pub only. Yes I stand by that statement. Does that shock or surprise you?
Yes it does surprise me.
You state "Someone who only uses the bike to get to and from the pub is a POB."
You also state "being a cyclist is more than just riding a bike. It is a state of mind." and that you have to speak to an individual to decide on his state of mind.
You havnt spoken to everyone who only uses the bike to get to and from the pub so how can you say carte blanche that "Someone who only uses the bike to get to and from the pub is a POB."You cant know there state of mind.

lukesdad

Cyclist = someone who cycles, whether that be my 4 year old cycling thru the park on his heap his nan bought him, or Cadel Evans cycling in the TDF.

POB = See above.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Yes it does surprise me.
You state "Someone who only uses the bike to get to and from the pub is a POB."
You also state "being a cyclist is more than just riding a bike. It is a state of mind." and that you have to speak to an individual to decide on his state of mind.
You havnt spoken to everyone who only uses the bike to get to and from the pub so how can you say carte blanche that "Someone who only uses the bike to get to and from the pub is a POB."You cant know there state of mind.

What are you looking for? Validation that you are a cyclist? A sea change from the forum? Absolution?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Until the cyclist is seen stealing, mugging somebody or committing other unsavoury acts - Then they are not cyclists at all and there is a rush to distance ourselves from them. Such as the case of the "cyclist" who killed the car driver who opened the door on him.
The media is stating what the person is at that moment of time. Do people really label all cyclists as the kind that will get into a punch up because of the way that article is titled? How do you suggest that people on bicycles are reffered to?

The definition of cyclist in the dictionary 'a person who rides or travels by bicycle'

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
The media is stating what the person is at that moment of time. Do people really label all cyclists as the kind that will get into a punch up because of the way that article is titled? How do you suggest that people on bicycles are reffered to?

The definition of cyclist in the dictionary 'a person who rides or travels by bicycle'

The person on the article would have been better referred to as a thug or mentally ill person.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
People who don't cycle will label anyone that is on a bicycle as a cyclist. As that is what they are, they won't question them to find out their state of mind and then make a conclusion. Being a cyclist is not about state of mind, it's all to do with the bicycle between the legs or lack of.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
People who don't cycle will label anyone that is on a bicycle as a cyclist. As that is what they are, they won't question them to find out their state of mind and then make a conclusion. Being a cyclist is not about state of mind, it's all to do with the bicycle between the legs or lack of.

I disagree with you. If I have trainers on and run for a bus I am not a runner am I. I am someone engaged in the act of running for that moment. To me a POB is like the person who runs for the bus. A cyclist someone who runs on a regular basis with end goals and ambitions.

Top Bottom