B'twin Triban 500 v Defy 3 2014 v Defy 5 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jamie678

Regular
Just letting you all know that I just ordered my Defy 3, looking forward to it arriving in the week! Thanks for all the help guys!

OP
OP
J

jamie678

Regular
Hi all, defy just arrived and its a dream to ride, i have one question though, when i pedal hard the chain seems to slip is this normal ? Or does something need adjusting?

iggibizzle

Mine did that about hour after buying. Took it back and they adjusted the cables. Spot on since. Presuming you mean skips into next gear for a nanosecond?

vickster

Legendary Member
The one disadvantage of buying a bike online, can't just pop it back, no 6 week service either. I'm sure there are lots of YouTube vids though

iggibizzle

Stretched cable they told me it was. Up on how to work on a bike myself now (no stranger to getting dirty with old cars over the years tho) but at the time I'm glad I had bought from a local shop.

OP
OP
J

jamie678

Regular
Its when i shift from the largest rear cog to the second, its trying to miss that second one all toghether?

uclown2002

Guru
So when going from lowest/easiest (1st) gear to 2nd it goes straight to 3rd? Is that with small chainring at front?

Are the gear changes otherwise smooth, up and down the cassette?

OP
OP
J

jamie678

Regular
Yeah, I've managed to sort it by adjusting the barrel adjusters (I think that's what they're called) however I'm still getting a lot of clicking when I move from low to higher (easiest to hardest ) in that 2nd gear, but not when I go the other direction of 3-2-1. Any ideas why that is?

Also I've noticed I'm getting rubbing on the front derailed when on the highest gear. I tried adjusting the higher limit however no matter how much I turn ye screw nothing happens?

Top Bottom